<<

shadox

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:52 pm

How to Add Homebrew to 1.5 Tutorial

Since there are a lot of questions around this topic, this should answer most of them.

What is Homebrew?
Homebrew are game created by psp users that weren't made for the psp, but can be played on them by loading them onto
your memory stick. Some examples are like pacman, snake, and my favorite, smashgp.

Where do you get Homebrew?
There are many sites that allow you to download homebrew. You can check:
www.psp-hacks.com
www.psphacking101.com (mostly information and tutorials)
www.pspbrew.com (my favorite!)
www.google.com

What do you do once you find the Homebrew you want?
Once you find the homebrew you want, you download it and extract it. You can extract it with a program called winrar. If
need, you can download a trial of winrar here, just search winrar in the box.
www.downloads.com

How to put Homebrew on your 1.5 PSP?
Once you have downloaded the homebrew that you want to use, plug your psp into your computer with your usb cable.
Then, on your psp, go to usb mode, and start it up. Your computer should recognize your psp as a storage device, and
then open up your psp. In your psp main folder, you should find a folder called PSP. Double-click on it and open it.
Once it is open, go into the GAME folder by double-clicking on it. Once in the GAME folder, copy into it your psp files that you
have downloaded and extracted. (For example, if you are trying to put in the snes emulator, inside the psp GAME folder, place
thes SNES and SNES% folders.) Once the folders are inside your psp memory stick, exit out of usb mode, and fully restart your
psp. Once you have restarted your psp, go all the way to the game section, and click on memory stick games. Once there, you
should find the game that you just put on your psp, and to start it, just click on it. For the emulators, you will need to put roms on
them to be able to play the games you want to play. Please don't ask for links for roms on this forum. Just PM me or someone
else, and we'll gladly give you a site.

What is a Rom?
A rom is a file that is used to put onto a emulator, and the emulator will start it and run it, just like the origional system would.
Again, please do not ask for links for roms on this site, just PM someone about it.

If you have anymore questions about homebrew, please let me know so we can get it all on your PSP!
<<

Surenix

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:50 pm

Hee's another faster and precised way of adding homebrews to your PlayStation Portable: Click here: http://www.pspbrew.com/?page=tutorials/brewpack.php *With pictures!
<<

shadox

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:51 pm

Oh yeah, kind of forgot about that one, but there were a lot of people asking questions about it, so I decided to make one.
<<

Surenix

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:53 pm

It's ok :) , all that effort, awesome!

Return to PSP Hacks & Homebrew