Forum    News    Downloads    Saved Games

Why does GBA run slow w/ no sound?

<<

treborlicec

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Sat Dec 31, 2005 9:11 am

Why does GBA run slow w/ no sound?

Hi again. I downloaded the newer GBA emu and a Mario Golf rom. Real slow w/ no sound. I know the GBA unit is not faster that the PSP unit, so why the problems? I have no programming experience and I take my hat off to those that work on these apps for us, so no disrespect. Is it anticipated that the GBA emu will eventually work 100% ?

Thanks in advance,
treborlicec
<<

Danopoly

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks received: 4 times

Post Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:58 am

which gba emu did u dl? is it the one with "the incredibles" on the background? casue thats the latest gba emu out. And it does indeed have sound, but very choppy sound.
<<

treborlicec

Post Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:48 am

That's the one. It runs slow and Mario Golf seemed to have NO sound. I understand that the coders who work on these are doing it for free. Just want to be able to play GBA games 100% bad.

Thanks.
<<

shadox

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:44 pm

to get the sound you need to start the game and start playing it.. while playing it, hit the triangle button, and then go down to sound - it is always on off - hit the o button and it should switch to on. there you can also try frameskips and other things to try to get it to run smoother... the sound doesn't really come out good, but with these options, it's the best way to try to get the game running smoother.

EDIT by PSPortableV2: Not all games have sound though, like some of the sounds will be just glitchy sounds.

Return to PSP Hacks & Homebrew