Question about PSP and Emulators

<<

fonzcorp

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:22 pm

Question about PSP and Emulators

well i installed the new EBOOT for 2.0
like said, it works only with about 89% of homebrew.

its runs snes9xTYL. which is cool. but everything laaaags.

heres my question. how can hardware that run 3D games like GTA and others only run a 2D game over 10 years old at 89%? The max FPS i can get on games like; A Link to The Past and Mario All Stars is about 40. 40!!!! This strikes me as odd. and has lead me to questions like "how does an emulator excactly work". Now i know that it might be sowftware issues within the emulator. But shouldnt the hardware help?! at leasty alittle bit?

anyone? elighten me...plz
<<

bclowe

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:05 pm

if you want it to go faster put the cpu clock speed at 333mhz and put the frame skip between 2 and 4 and it should run at normal speed, or atleast it does for me.
<<

Danopoly

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks received: 4 times

Post Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:10 pm

or downgrade to 1.5 and install the emulator again. It should run very very smooth.
<<

fonzcorp

Post Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:24 am

ill try clocking it faster. i just hope there is no overheating risk invlolved.
i really dont want to downgrade to 1.5. I just got GTA:LCS and ive heard you need 2.0 to play it. i dont want to go back and forth between the firmwares to play emu and GTA. id rather stay at 2.0 and play both.
<<

bclowe

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Sat Nov 05, 2005 4:52 pm

The faster clocking wont overheat your psp. it will just use a little bit more battery, which isnt very much since i played snes for 30 mins and only lost 5% power. I also have LCS and i use the 2.0eboot and it all works good together, except you dont get to use all the homebrew, and you can do a quick shut down.
<<

Siddy

Post Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:45 am

Re: Question about PSP and Emulators

fonzcorp wrote:well i installed the new EBOOT for 2.0
like said, it works only with about 89% of homebrew.

its runs snes9xTYL. which is cool. but everything laaaags.

heres my question. how can hardware that run 3D games like GTA and others only run a 2D game over 10 years old at 89%?

i cant explain that to u unless u know stuff about computers, but simply cause the PSP IS EMULATING the SNES hardware, that means, instead of having a specific GPU to play mario, it has to have codes run though its processor so first it must make a vurtual SNES, then it will run the ROMs.

o, and psp isnt powerful, its a piece of crap, mark my words: Sony will Dump the PSP.
-and yes i feel riped off for that!
<<

Danopoly

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:08 am

i agree that the psp isnt powerfull. But it is indeed more powerfull than any handheld consol out to market as of right now. But i disagree that sony will dump this. Cause that will piss the crap out of every1, and will leave ds as the victor.
<<

Siddy

Post Sun Nov 06, 2005 3:07 pm

I think ds wont really take off as a game consol, more like a mini laptop, and therefore in a different league to the psp.
From wat ive heard and researched current games like tony hawks underground 2 remix have already exhausted the psp's ablilty for graphics.

-hopefully im wrong.
<<

bclowe

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Sun Nov 06, 2005 4:59 pm

what did you mean by dump?
<<

Siddy

Post Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:41 pm

stop producing them, stop licensing games.

The PSP 'should' have another 4years of life left going by the 5year consol generation, but i dont think id be using my huge 'portable' device in 2010, esspecially as the Graphics arnt going to improve as they are already maxed out.
<<

Danopoly

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:47 pm

But like everything playstationed in the market. Do you think they will make the psp slimmer? That would rock if they did that.
<<

bclowe

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:16 pm

danopoly wrote:But like everything playstationed in the market. Do you think they will make the psp slimmer? That would rock if they did that.

that would be sweeeeeet, as long as it was just slimmer, not smaller like the gba micro (or whatever its called whos screen is 1/4 smaller then the others) cuz i like the screen big, so you dont have to squint at it
<<

Stalink

Young Brewer

Post Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:19 pm

I think the psp is pretty good as it is now, however, the analog stick feels like its in an odd postition, maybe I just haven't used it enough. Also, making the psp out of a plastic that doesn't collect every single finger print wouldn't be too bad either.
<<

fonzcorp

Post Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:21 pm

Re: Question about PSP and Emulators

Siddy wrote:o, and psp isnt powerful, its a piece of crap, mark my words: Sony will Dump the PSP.
-and yes i feel riped off for that!

really? you think Sony will dump this? I got my PSP uncertain. nevertheless i still got it. So far no regrets. Actually the games havent grabed my attention much, aside from LCS. Its the Homebrew that got me interested in my PSP , for some reason running stuff on something that isnt supposed to run is kinda cool.

And as time goes on people like fanjita will continue to bring appz to my PSP to make it better or more convenient. Even if the do dump this thing...hopefully the homebrew will continue.
<<

ct-travis

Post Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:51 pm

Help!!!

Hi I got a PSP version 2.60 I wanna downgrade it but I cant find any sotfware that will downgrade it to 2.0 so the ? is should I keep it and wait for emulators to be released for this version or will anybody help me downgrade it to 2.0?
Paolo Tripi :)
Next

Return to PSP Hacks & Homebrew