Forum    News    Downloads    Saved Games

Playing FF3 (6) on PSP

<<

Melchid

Post Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:39 pm

Playing FF3 (6) on PSP

Has anyone tried playing Final Fantasy 3 (6) on the PSP? I've had frame rate issues with it. Tried uping the clock to 333 and increasing frame rate by 10 but still no luck. Anyone have other suggestions to make it run smoother?
<<

JustinWoodypond

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 1

Post Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:19 pm

Some games right now just won't run completely smooth. I've tried everything to get Kirby's Superstar running smooth and it's not gonna happen until we get some updates that help with framerate issues. I'm sure soon enough they'll become flawless but as of now just be thankful you can run this kickass games on ur PSP. Check the generator frequently for updated emulators and you'll always get the latest update.

***EDIT***

DON'T FORGET TO REGISTER WITH US!!!!!!!!!!
The opposite of war isn't peace, it's creation!
<<

Jawarhala

Thanks received: 0

Post Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:41 am

I'm having the same problem with Chrono Trigger. The slow down is nuts in the larger areas and text boxes shift the screen around alot. ah well ... i'm sure this will be fixed in the next wave of emus though
<<

Mailas

Post Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:00 am

No.All roms should work.If this is Chronno Trigger it must be working.Ur doing something wrong so look at my tutorials then man.
<<

JustinWoodypond

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks received: 1

Post Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:38 am

I have Chrono Trigger, and it runs wonderfully.
The opposite of war isn't peace, it's creation!
<<

Surenix

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:42 am

lol..i have the same game, cause there's this tutorial that i used, and the guy(i think it was danopoly) used chrono trigger, so i was like..well i think thats a good game and yes it does run smooth.(like a babies behind) hahaha.!
<<

Jawarhala

Post Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:57 am

It's working fine now ^^
forgot that I had saved the graphics speed to 2.0x
I bumped it back down to 1.0x and it runs great
woohoo!
<<

Money Loo

Young Brewer

Post Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:20 pm

I recently beat ff6 on psp and it was consistent at about 18 fps, not great but not too bad either. If you really really want it to run smooth here's a quick listing of things you can do and their effects.

PSP clock speed to 333, gains you about 7-8 frames, but is MURDER on your battery life, use ac adaptor..
Sound: if you stick the sound down to 11 Khz, you'll gain 1.5 FPS...not a lot..but it all adds up.
Transparency: turning this OFF will gain you another 6-8 frames, however some spells and areas look funny
Screen size: smaller screen sizes will give you 1-2 frames faster, however it seems the FULL BL option does the same.
Graphics speed: turning this to x1.1 will gain you a frame or two...anything higher causes graphical glitches.
frameskip: 3. That's it. no higher then 3. it's all you need.

And finally on a side note to help you out, equip the sprint shoes relic on ONE party member anytime you're not at the world map, this doubles your walk speed and can make the game seem to run much smoother.

Hope all this helps. Enjoy, it's a damn good game.
<<

Surenix

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:37 pm

thanks ML...you're a great help.
thanks budd

PSP

Return to PSP Hacks & Homebrew