<<

Cocytus

Young Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:54 am

Problem with Splinter Cell

Hi,

I just got the ISO of Splinter Cell for PSP, it seems like there is something wrong with it.

At the start the screen will turn white with a writing - "sd_cs_001a"

The game starts with no problems, but there is NO sound, or music, I went into game options, made sure that all the volumes are up, still no audio at all.

I am on 3.40 OE-A

Any helps would be really appreciated,

Thank you very much in advance.
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 18 times

Post Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:03 am

That is definitely the work of a choppy ISO file. Splinter Cell Essentials is one of the larger PSP titles. I believe it is somewhere around 1.68gb in size or something close to that. I'm guessing you have a 1gb memory stick and you downloaded a version of Splinter Cell that would fit on your card. Unfortunately, because the file size is so large for Splinter Cell, someone had to delete nearly half of the game's content in order for it to fit on a 1gb card. There are ways to rip the game with most of the sounds and have it just barely fit on a 1gb stick, but it appears that you have downloaded an ISO in which someone has chopped the sound files from the game.

Your PSP is fine, but you have a bad ISO. In fact, finding an ISO of Splinter Cell that has sound and fits on a 1gb stick will still have things chopped out of it that make the game more enjoyable. I recommend purchasing Splinter Cell Essentials as opposed to using the ISO of it. It's just one of those titles that doesn't make for a great ISO. Hope that helps.

-DarkPacMan77-
D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Try shaking the salt harder onto your tongue.
<<

Kanadier

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 2 times

Thanks received: 60 times

Post Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:39 pm

you could find a cso converted one, or you could compress the iso you already have.
<<

Cocytus

Young Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:48 am

Thanks guys,

Its good to know that my psp is fine, I just wanted to try out to see if its worth purchasing or not.

I heard that it got some interesting music on it, that was one of the reasons why I got the ISO, its funny that everything else works but the music...

anyway, thanks again,

have a great day guys.
<<

Kanadier

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 2 times

Thanks received: 60 times

Post Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:49 pm

that's what were here for! :wink: why don't you stay a while? You'd be surprized at what you might not know about your psp! I know I was!

Return to PSP Help