Forum    News    Downloads    Saved Games

strange problem

<<

Adalast

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:33 am

strange problem

hey, i'm having a very odd problem. my PSP-2001 is running 5.00 M33-6 and i suddenly cannot access the memory stick to load or save in PSP games. it works fine for every other application. i can load iso's, use homebrews, play videos, play PSX games (and these save and load just fine), i just cannot access the memory stick from inside my PSP games. it feels like the file that controls that in the FW is corrupted or something. whenever i try to load or save a game, the game just freezes, forcing me to kill it with the Home button. this problem is kinda annoying seeing as how just about all games require this function to be able to run. please help ><.

oh yeah... i just remembered that it only does it when it has to pull up the screen with the icons, if something auto-saves or auto-loads without that screen, it works fine. as i said.... very odd problem.
<<

Steeler12

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:47 pm

hm... wow dude that's really strange
Steeler12
<<

Adalast

Post Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:05 pm

ok, update on this whole sh*t... i tried my psp-maps and ultimate psptube 1.6 and they aren't working either. seems like they aren't wanting either. i hadn't used them in a while, so i didn't know. so now it appears that whenever a program tries to access XMB data it fails. pspdisp is doing the same thing when i try to make it connect through my lan. i'm thinking i might have to flash back down to an older version with my pandora and reupdate. i would really like to not have to do that though.
<<

light_alistor

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:10 pm

sounds like a bad flash. upgrade to another firmware
<<

Adalast

Post Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:46 pm

ok, hitting it with my pandora and going back to 3.90 m33. going to have to upgrade from there i guess. hopefully this works.
<<

TheOriginalToxxy

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:56 pm

You Should Get the program Rains ultra lite MMS and re install custom firmware with ur files saed to ur computer

It downgrades it for you then u can update
<<

Adalast

Post Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:47 am

eh, i used my magic stick and downgraded it and now it seems to be working just fine. pain in the donkey though, now i have to reinstall all of my network settings.

Return to PSP Help