A Somewhat Error Message

<<

alhaji265

Young Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Mon May 05, 2008 2:37 pm

A Somewhat Error Message

I followed the tutorial for the Pandora's downgrader. When I go to the Memory Stick and choose the Pandora's Battery Firm.

Installer, I get a "The game could not be started (8002014C)" message. Does anyone know the problem is? I am trying to

Downgrade a 3.80. Thanks.
Last edited by alhaji265 on Mon May 05, 2008 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 5 times

Thanks received: 10 times

Post Mon May 05, 2008 2:39 pm

That app requires a psp with custom firmware in order to install the battery.
<<

alhaji265

Young Brewer

Post Mon May 05, 2008 2:42 pm

Can you break it down for me. I don't understand.
<<

erccccc

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Mon May 05, 2008 2:45 pm

AdventWolf wrote:That app requires a psp with custom firmware in order to install the battery.

just to clarify a little bit more you need to start up a CFW psp with an ac adapter then stick in the card then the battery then run the program from the 1.5 kernal....

But im guessing you dont have a CFW psp in that case the esayest thing for you to do is hardmod your battery which takes all 5min then just play off your ac adapter till you get a new battery.

Note if you hardmod your battery make sure you install 3.71 on the stick via totalnewbie esay installer otherwise you will have no cfw on your psp because you cant install w/o a battery charged more then 78ish%

Edit* there is some program out there that can suposidly fix a hardmoded battery some people say it work some say it doesnt. I wouldnt rely on it to work 100% but there is a chance it could work for you.... you can find the info in the tutorial section i dont have time to look for you otherwise i would put a link
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 5 times

Thanks received: 10 times

Post Mon May 05, 2008 3:07 pm

Haha yea, I used to take the time to explain every little detail but I think I put in my time lol. Plus about 1/5 posts in the help section ask this very question, people just need to take the time and look. PLUS this question was asked in the very same tutorial about 5 times probably, where I answered it there as well. Maybe DPM needs to edit that tutorial to say IF you get 'x' error then 'blah blah blah', I think that would help.
<<

erccccc

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Tue May 06, 2008 3:01 pm

Yeah I think what happens is people are unclear where the second psp comes in so they just think they dont need it and its just a suggestion or something.

Return to PSP Help