<<

Figz

Super Brewer
Super Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:55 am

Suggestions

I am curious about trying my hand at C++ and was curious if any of you have found any helpful sites or programs for beginners. I have had some experience with Visual Basic and pick up stuff really quickly. I actually taught myself web design in a very short time. Any suggestions for tutorials and guides would be helpful. I have googled and found some but I thought maybe some of you would have some you would suggest over the rest. Also, what seems to be the best free compiler?
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 10 times

Thanks received: 29 times

Post Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:03 am

When I first started checking out C++ I used Dev C++ by bloodshed. Great compiler and all around lightweight program. You could always pick up the always useful "C++ for dummies handbook" at your local bookstore. I used to know of a great C++ forum, I'll try and scavenge though my bookmarks and see if I can find anything.
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
They call me tater salad.
<<

Figz

Super Brewer
Super Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:20 am

Ok I grabbed Dev-C++ v4.9.9.2 and it looks pretty straight-forward. Now I just need to play a little and hopefully find some good tutorials for beginners.

Return to PlayStation Portable