Forum    News    Downloads    Saved Games

Cheap laps

<<

Mailas

Post Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:27 pm

Cheap laps

Screw the mac, I would like to see where I can get a cheap lappy (dear god no, not vista)
As in laptop. There are some really cheap ones out there for XP OS, my friend actually just baught one for a
cheap price, but it had vista OS on it, so who knows if his retailer sells XP.

The specs, I will look at if someone can actually give me a good location of where to buy one.
So no, dont worry about specs, just link me to a site where I can buy some really cheap ones.
My price range is $0-$600 (LOL!!!)

Il say again, do not worry about the specs. Just link me.
<<

blackzmage

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:05 pm

you could always format the hard drive and install win xp, but you need a copy of win95 to start off with.
<<

.Yunoko

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 3 times

Post Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:06 pm

Well if you have facebook you can use the marketing tool and look for laptops in your area. Anyways just try Dell.ca or Ebay. Like Dell go there go to the basic part and look at the smallest price then update the things you think you need then buy it.
<<

Mailas

Post Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:22 pm

Ah thanks. Il buy one online at dell.
But...I may also just build a PC instead of getting a lappy.
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks received: 18 times

Post Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:06 pm

I bought an Everex xt5000t. It's the only model they make with a 17" screen - and trust me, I get comments on it all the time. It's $799.00 on Newegg usually, so it's a little high on the price range, but it's very fast and capable of pretty high-end gaming. There's no game it WON'T run, just some you may need to turn some settings down on.

Specs

Vista - but trust me, it's good. Zero crashes and outstanding performance.
100gb 5400 RPM hard drive (partitioned into two sections - maybe if you want to dual boot)
1gb of ram - I bought a second stick for only $40 on newegg. The type of ram is DDR2 533 @ 4-4-4-8 timings, and 2gb of it makes Vista cruise
7600 go graphics card with 256mb onboard/ dedicated memory. I've put Matrix Path of Neo, GTA San Andreas, Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 and others on here, and you can crank the graphics on them
two speakers and a mini sub-woofer
processor is an AMD Turion64 X2 (dual-core) 1.6ghz (rated at 3.12ghz over both cores) - also, the cores are Opteron, if you care to know

I can officially say that I've been dumbfounded by how good this thing is. I haven't been able to slow it down once, and the only two crashes I've ever had were from pirated applications that crashed the system - NOT from Vista. I used to be one of those complete Vista doubters, but until you actually own it and spend time on it, you will never realize how much potential it has to be a great product. And all of those issues about driver-this and driver-that - 95% of those old problems are fixed now, so as soon as you setup you security settings to what you are comfortable with, Vista will be a great, smooth-sailing operating system. I downed it all the way until the time I bought this laptop, and my original plans were to immediately scrap it and install XP SP2, but I stuck with Vista and I can honestly say it was the smart choice. Hope this gives you a nice option to look into... it's all I can really say from first-hand experience is a great laptop.

*edit* - If you opt to build your own PC, I'm sure I can come up with something for just about any price range. Just tell me what you'd expect to use it for.

-DarkPacMan77-
Last edited by DarkPacMan77 on Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Try shaking the salt harder onto your tongue.
<<

newpspdude

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:15 pm

wow soo much smart stuff.....well i want a laptop also but i need to save some money imma play some poker and make some money 1st.same as mailas i want a laptop on windows xp not used to vista at all and i want my comp to run fast and have atleast a decent amount of memory.small price range though. 0-600 also.
Need help with emu's, Roms And Homebrew give me a pm or a post
Psp #1 3.52M33-4, Psp #2 3.52M33-4, Psp #3 1.5
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Post Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:26 pm

Well, if you guys really want laptops, for the $600 range, I would suggest nothing less than this laptop.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6834101085

That laptop is better than mine besides the screen quality/ graphics/ optical drive. It's really good though, but I suggest buying an extra gig of ram with it as well.

For a DESKTOP, I'd have to come up with a parts list.

-DarkPacMan77-
<<

Slick

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks received: 1

Post Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:29 pm

Is that laptop in stores yet? I'm planning on getting one this soon for christmas, just my parents can't afford one
that are really around 1000 dollars.
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Post Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:34 pm

That's not only in stores, but it's right there on newegg for cheaper than you'd get it in a store. Anyways, it's not going to be the best on graphics or anything... but it's good. I mean, it will be great for just about anything, but high-end games will be a stress on the graphics because it uses a weaker integrated chip for graphics.

-DarkPacMan77-
<<

Figz

Super Brewer
Super Brewer

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:03 am

If you really don't want Vista we found a way around it. We bought a PC from Dell that came loaded with Vista. We called Dell and told them we wanted to go back to XP. They told us not to register Vista and install XP and they refunded the price of the OS to our account. We financed the computer so that might have been a condition but they still did it. We might do the same thing for the laptop that is coming in a couple of weeks. You might check with your dealer if you get stuck buying one with Vista.
<<

BKFraiders7

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Location: On COD:BO2 iPhone User:5 Mac User: Macbook Pro Mtn Lion

Thanks received: 31 times

Post Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:31 pm

If your looking for a Dell then make sure to do a E-Value code. I have a $2000 laptop i got for about $1000. It saved me BIG. You can still customize it too. Also if you want a recondishened (sp?) one go to dell too. They give you a warranty so no worrys.

Also i kno a lot of yall are getting mad a Vista. Im running home-premium and actually like it. XP is far less a RAM hog but if you get home premium and 2gb of ram vista is AWESOME. One problem i've found tho......cant to Pandora. Only prob i've found. And Vista SP1 is coming out it Janurary. Also XP SP3 is coming to in Janurary or SOON after.
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Post Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:01 pm

Just one question - what the heck is an e-value code? Sounds interesting for sure, even though I'm not a giant fan of Dell.

-DarkPacMan77-
<<

BKFraiders7

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:08 pm

In magazines/newspapers Dell puts in codes that marks down A LOT on their price. The newspapers only show 1 or 2. go online and you can find like 20 thats still "active". Like i said it brought down my price a good bit.
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Post Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:12 pm

Thanks. I never knew that. I'm assuming they have those for desktops too?

-DarkPacMan77-
<<

BKFraiders7

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:16 pm

yea. Wont GREATLY affect the price on them though since they are so much cheaper. I'll find the site i used. Let me go find a link....
Next

Return to PlayStation Portable