<<

brentbizzle

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 15 times

Post Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:31 am

Any PSP mods out there?

Was perusing the site and wasn't able to find anyone whose done some kind of mod to their psp such as new casing, leds, and the such. Well, if any of you do have some kind of mod, post it up. I just ordered a clear faceplate for my psp and a bunch of 603 leds... so when that stuff gets here I'll post a pic of my psp.

Oh, and I almost have the stuff I need for the Pandora batt w/ switch mod, so keep your eyes peeled for a tut soon.
Founding father of the Wiibrew Packgen.
About 2 noob posts away from going ape sh*t
<<

light_alistor

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:31 am

rumors going around of a hdd mod that replaces the umd drive. pvp_lostknight or something made it and posted it over at acidmods

edit: heres a link to the video http://www.acidmods.com/news/?p=4

and a link to the forum: http://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=13380.0

nobody really seems to know whats going on. at the moment there is alot of speculation though
<<

brentbizzle

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Post Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:20 pm

The guy released all his notes. I've been following it, but don't know enough about electronics to take what he's released and pull this mod off.

I understand the basics, but there's a microchip that needs to be programmed with something. I don't know what goes on that chip, or how to do it...
<<

staxx

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:24 pm

I've done a full case swap...was gonna do some sound reactive led mods and throw in a jewel but i really havent picked up my psp in about 5 or 6 months now.
Please do not act as a moderator! If you see something wrong, please report it to one of the moderators.
Click a name to report
Staxx Ace_012 Tbag
<<

tbag

Super Brewer
Super Brewer

Thanks received: 1

Post Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:23 am

im...

still working on a battery switch mod. i didnt like the one the guy did so i changed it a bit. im thinking about the dual analog stick mod right now.
<<

brentbizzle

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Post Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:33 am

Well, I've successfully pulled off the pandora switch mod. My camera's battery is dead now, so I couldn't take any pictures, so I will try that tomorrow. It was quite easy. Hardest part was making the d**n magic stick. Tomorrow I'll clean up the install of the switch and get some pics up and write up my own tutorial for PSPbrew.

Hopefully my faceplate and LEDs come soon!
<<

staxx

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:04 am

brentbizzle wrote:Hardest part was making the d**n magic stick.

You should have used the total newbi installer for that...takes like 3 seconds man.
Please do not act as a moderator! If you see something wrong, please report it to one of the moderators.
Click a name to report
Staxx Ace_012 Tbag
<<

brentbizzle

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Post Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:15 pm

staxx wrote:You should have used the total newbi installer for that...takes like 3 seconds man.

I would have, but the site I was downloading it from didn't have a good download speed. I did it myself in the time it took for the newbi installer to download. lol.
<<

staxx

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:55 pm

ohhh wow lolol ah well, at least now you know exactly what goes where so if people have issues running it youll find it easier to pinpoint the source of their problem.
Click a name to report
Staxx Ace_012 Tbag
<<

light_alistor

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:21 pm

i know how you feel. its such an interesting mod though.... a tut would be amazing but im not going to waste time asking for it
<<

brentbizzle

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Post Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:10 am

light_alistor wrote:i know how you feel. its such an interesting mod though.... a tut would be amazing but im not going to waste time asking for it

I'm charging my camera battery as we speak so I can get to the tutorial. It's actually an incredibly easy mod. I only have a cheap radio shack soldering iron with a mediocre tip, and was able to solder to the small points on the battery's board. That's all it takes.

Now, I have a pandora's battery wherever my psp is!

EDIT: tutorial is up http://www.pspbrew.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 7160#97160
<<

light_alistor

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:48 pm

lol i meant for the internal hdd. but yea thats cool
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 18 times

Post Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:08 pm

I haven't modded, just done repairs (on just about every part in the PSP). I'm not a fan of lights or anything. I was in third grade when I took the LED out of a toy from Burger King and connected it to a battery, and ever since, I haven't been able to really call that "modding" lol. The only worthwhile mod I've seen is the hard drive one mentioned in this thread. I'd almost be willing to shell out a few clams to perform that mod...

-DarkPacMan77-
D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Try shaking the salt harder onto your tongue.
<<

brentbizzle

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Post Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:20 pm

I mean, throwing LED's into your system isn't the height of moding, but i've seen some pretty cool stuff that people have done with their psps and leds. Looking through pictures from the "post pics of your electronics" thread, every psp looks stock. Was just surprised no one's even put a faceplate on their psp.

I'm anxiously awaiting more information on the internal hard drive mod, but information is slow to come. I can't be too mad at pvp since he is sharing information, but it's frustrating that he's only throwing bits of information out instead of just releasing how he did it himself. All these generalities and concepts might lead eventually to a mod that will allow the use of any hard drive in your psp, but some of us want to know how he's done it already.
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 18 times

Post Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:37 pm

I didn't meant to "insult" modders by my LED comment. I mean, I've swapped parts out of hundreds of PSP's and all, and had my hands on many modded ones, but at the end of the day, I just seem to appreciate the stock PSP more than modded ones.

-DarkPacMan77-
D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Try shaking the salt harder onto your tongue.
Next

Return to PlayStation Portable