New project - Biquad antenna - need help

<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 10 times

Thanks received: 29 times

Post Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:03 pm

o heh. Forgot you were making an antenna. The new ones might but here is a picture from the site you linked us to. I don't believe it is an official coax jack, but put a little elbo grease into it and you could make it work.

http://martybugs.net/wireless/rubberducky.cgi
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Threaded_N ... _connector

The one to the far left is off a Linksys WRT54GS wireless router. The connectors used are called a rpTNC connector (Reverse Polarity Threaded Neill-Concelman connector) which is basically a threaded BNC connector (British Nval COnnector/ Bayonet Nut connector) which is basically a coax connector. Wow I'm intelligent lol. So yea, there coax connectors.
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
They call me tater salad.
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 18 times

Post Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:03 pm

Hmmmmm.... but I wonder if I will be able to take one of those antennas off and plug in an input coax cable... I'll look for an answer, but it would be kind if others helped. Thanks though ace. I'd need a female coax adapter to plug it into the router... but something tells me that it just won't work.

People use USB WIFI dongles to get the signal to the PC... but I don't know if anything additional needs to be added to the biquad or not to do that. But my laptop has a built-in atheros wireless b/g receiver... so I'd assume that a USB dongle wouldn't be needed. Question is, "when" is it "functional" and how can you pick it up wirelessly? I need to find guides on angles that people have actually used for best results.

-DarkPacMan77-
D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Try shaking the salt harder onto your tongue.
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 10 times

Thanks received: 29 times

Post Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:06 am

But if your using a coax cable, just make your own with 2 female ends then? I have really looked at that biquad thing, but does there have to be a female end on the other end too? I would just much less buy a cable and the ends and make my own ;) It's easier then making a cat5/cat6 cable, and there fairly simple too so it should be hard for you.
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
They call me tater salad.
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 18 times

Post Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:16 am

Yea I know, I'd end up getting the adapters and making it myself most likely. I'm just wondering if it will actually work that way through a router. If not, I may get a modem to go along with the router JUST for the sake of having a large area to roam around with my laptop.

-DarkPacMan77-
D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Try shaking the salt harder onto your tongue.
Previous

Return to PlayStation Portable