<<

BKFraiders7

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Location: On COD:BO2 iPhone User:5 Mac User: Macbook Pro Mtn Lion

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 31 times

Post Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:09 am

TheTyler0013 wrote:I am sick of LINUX fanboys. OMFG. You hate Microsoft and Mac why? because there are successful? there Product has some bugs (yeah they can be big ones? there not perfect? your to lazy to wait a max of 3min for your pc/mac to load or 8min cuz you hace so much S**t on ur pc/mac? i mean hell i dont have to go into my system and crap to get a little internet browser to work or games or programs. i just install and run. Windows 7 yes runs amazingly its like reborn xp. Snow leopard on mac runs great to. these companies took linux (oh and almost all OS have sum linux base in it somewhere) and built upon the foundation to make it USER friendly.

Now I am not a Microsoft or Mac Fanboy. I just have had good terms no problems with them both (cept for VISTA i mea n WTF) so damn i am sorry LINUX is not all everyone makes it to me. I dont claim to know everything about Comps cus there are stuff i dont know. But i do have my A+ Certification.

LAZY A** Butts. ugh. sorry for the rant. continue the topic..........

If this was facebook I would give you a "like". That was a great post
Watch me stream on MIXER or follow on Youtube at ChA0TiCxDR3AMS

Image Image
<<

Alex Finlay

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks given: 1

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:14 am

Da Cool Man wrote:Doesn't matter, I use Ubuntu dualbooted with 7 (or sometimes XP) and Ubuntu is always faster..

The more rubbish the machine the better Linux stands out.
once you get into the great computers linux starts to be pointless.

Anyways on Topic welcome :-)
Being redone
<<

airplanes18

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 19 times

Thanks received: 8 times

Post Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:17 pm

well ill tell you what. im a linux workstation. i am a fan boy. just because MS and MAC cannot get a frikkin clue on proper programing doesnt mean u need to bash on my linux. if mac is linux based, why doesnt it run DEBIAN PACKAGES? tell me that. its cuz they arent. those donkey holes claim MS took there OS when they themselvse stole XEROEX's OS long time back. they are all c**ks!! linux is origionaly coded and easily the best OS ever. compatibility of windows with the awesomeness of linux OS;s. my dads mac crashed cuz it wasnt turned on in 3 weeks. thats frikken retarded. idiots cant make an OS work correctly and they cant make their OS compatible with ANYTHING!! so mac fail windows is mac only not uber gay and BOTH OF YOUR PRECIOUS OS'S HAVE VIRUSES. dont let any old do**he bag tell you other wise. Mac is laced with them, windows..... you know. linux..... NONE TO COUNT FOR. and you wanna know something? THE MILITARY TRUSTS LINUX OVER MAC AND WINDOWS ANY DAY. heres a link to a site of this and other companies. so the next time you try and tell ME that linux is bad, i WILL bring this up and youll realize, "crap, hes right" because my stories are based on FACTS morons, FACTS.

http://www.aaxnet.com/design/linux2.html
Blam, and now im done
Billy Mays is STILL my Hero.
<<

BKFraiders7

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:55 pm

@ Airplanes-

1. Watch you Language. Now yor going to have to make me go through your post and make some **s.

2. Get your "facts" straight. Microsoft was made before the official Macintosh OS.

3. The reason linux apps do not run on macintosh is simple- apple customized it and made it so. That doesnt mean it is not based on it.

4. Im sure a user error was involved with your fathers computer. In fact, i can guarantee it.

5. Are you calling Apple idiots so they aren't compatible with anything..or Linux? If so there is another thing wrong. Its not that they cant, its cause they dont want to. Monopoly my friend...and they are making money on their products. This also comes from the "It Just Works" slogan since apple has complete control over what they distribute.

6. Kinda hard not to have a virus with SO many more people choosing, purchasing, and using Windows & Macs ;) Besides that, Macs are VERY immune to viruses.

7. Its hard to trust your source on Linux with the military because of it being a Linux site you got it from. Thus your source is biased and cant be accounted for.

Here is 2 sites speaking of a "partnership" between a highly recognizable military corporation with Microsoft:

http://ca.news.finance.yahoo.com/s/1211 ... tners.html

http://gizmodo.com/5383679/lockheed-mar ... y-internet

Image Image
<<

The Cookie Monster

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 9 times

Thanks received: 54 times

Post Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:23 pm

Guys, sorry to come into the middle of ur arguement, but really u guys (including BKF) are getting WAYYY of topic.. u should make a "Mac vs. Linux vs. Windows" topic for that... this really isn't the right place (this topic is going to get locked (for getting waay of topic) if u dont stop)... And really i didn't mean to come into ur arguement or offend any1, just trying to keep this topic from getting locked or turning into a fight...
-Formerly DCM
<<

BKFraiders7

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:23 pm

Da Cool Man wrote:Guys, sorry to come into the middle of ur arguement, but really u guys (including BKF) are getting WAYYY of topic.. u should make a "Mac vs. Linux vs. Windows" topic for that... this really isn't the right place (this topic is going to get locked (for getting waay of topic) if u dont stop)... And really i didn't mean to come into ur arguement or offend any1, just trying to keep this topic from getting locked or turning into a fight...

There is a difference between an "argument" and a "discussion" and this is a discussion. In fact, discussions are promoted here. Furthermore our discussion isnt off topic. We all said "Hey to the OP" and the thread moved on.

Image Image
<<

Alex Finlay

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:43 pm

BKFraiders7 wrote:
Da Cool Man wrote:Guys, sorry to come into the middle of ur arguement, but really u guys (including BKF) are getting WAYYY of topic.. u should make a "Mac vs. Linux vs. Windows" topic for that... this really isn't the right place (this topic is going to get locked (for getting waay of topic) if u dont stop)... And really i didn't mean to come into ur arguement or offend any1, just trying to keep this topic from getting locked or turning into a fight...

There is a difference between an "argument" and a "discussion" and this is a discussion. In fact, discussions are promoted here. Furthermore our discussion isnt off topic. We all said "Hey to the OP" and the thread moved on.

Just me or is BKF realy hot to me right now? hahahah :P lol.

Anyways i was gona say its not a arguement certain people may have got a lil bit angry but its a debat, or discussion this always comes in 1 or two topics so may aswell finish it here.
Being redone
<<

TheTyler0013

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Location: I am a ninja, I pop in at certain times and locations.

Thanks received: 9 times

Post Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:07 pm

LMAO there are Virus on all kinds of OS. and i said "linux has base in all OS somewhere".

TO me linux fanboys and Hippies are one in the same.
<<

Puncharger

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 6 times

Thanks received: 10 times

Post Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:10 pm

Open source.

Doesn't help the virus situation.
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks received: 18 times

Post Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:28 pm

Debating operating systems in an introduction thread is either despicable or hilarious... I haven't made up my mind on that one yet. I think I'll take the road in between and settle with asinine.

-DarkPacMan77-
D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Try shaking the salt harder onto your tongue.
<<

The Cookie Monster

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 9 times

Thanks received: 54 times

Post Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:10 pm

A big thanks to tyler for doing what i said, anyways the arguement continues here http://psp.brewology.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16819
-Formerly DCM
<<

Zeldarox130

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:26 pm

I love how my introduction escalated into a full-blown argument over Linux, Mac, and Windows.

Does this give me administrator capabilities?
Stop it.
<<

BKFraiders7

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:31 pm

If it blows up into a iPhone, Windows mobile, Blackberry, Android, Symbian argument then yes, it will give you admin privs ;)

Image Image
<<

airplanes18

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 19 times

Thanks received: 8 times

Post Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:33 pm

BK can you even do that? (thatd be cool to be able to promote yourself)
Billy Mays is STILL my Hero.
<<

BKFraiders7

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:48 pm

Even do what? make someone admin because they started an made a debate over those smart phone types?- No

Image Image
PreviousNext

Return to Introductions, Departures, Returns!