<<

.Yunoko

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 3 times

Post Sun May 25, 2008 2:13 pm

Mars Lander

Even though I think its stupied and a wast of money but its about to land vary soon.

You can watch it. Here

http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/nasatv/i ... ram=public
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks received: 18 times

Post Sun May 25, 2008 2:54 pm

Isn't it supposed to land at 8:00PM Eastern Time? That's just under 20 minutes away. I think it's a waste of money too, but who knows... it can have benefits. I mean, consider this. If we find anything substantial on Mars that can be commercialized, we (NASA or whoever) would have access to patent it or something. It can make a really rich man even more rich... I guess that's a plus for SOMEBODY lol.

EDIT ~ The pheonix lander is now transmitting 8kb live data, but hasn't entered into the atmosphere fully yet. It's a live feed from the link, so it's kind of like the radio.

touchdown in under four minutes guys!

-DarkPacMan77-
D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Try shaking the salt harder onto your tongue.
<<

.Yunoko

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Sun May 25, 2008 3:04 pm

Its just landed.
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Post Sun May 25, 2008 3:05 pm

touchdown success!!!!!!!!

-DarkPacMan77-
<<

.Yunoko

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Sun May 25, 2008 3:20 pm

Lol that would be funny if it say landed upside down or something and have wasted what that millions of dollars.
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 5 times

Thanks received: 10 times

Post Sun May 25, 2008 3:48 pm

I think its a waste of money as well, billions of dollars? As long as they just keep up the satellites for tv and phone then thats all they need to do imo.
<<

BKFraiders7

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Location: On COD:BO2 iPhone User:5 Mac User: Macbook Pro Mtn Lion

Thanks received: 31 times

Post Sun May 25, 2008 4:52 pm

I believe its actually a break thru. A machine must land before we do. Here, im thinking long run. No, there is no aliens
But think in the future...year 2030.
we have 2 choices...
1. The earth have approx 15 billion people.
2. We have people scattered across Mars, earth, and moons.
Watch me stream on MIXER or follow on Youtube at ChA0TiCxDR3AMS

Image Image
<<

roxfox64

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Sun May 25, 2008 5:02 pm

BKFraiders7 wrote:I believe its actually a break thru. A machine must land before we do. Here, im thinking long run. No, there is no aliens
But think in the future...year 2030.
we have 2 choices...
1. The earth have approx 15 billion people.
2. We have people scattered across Mars, earth, and moons.

Mars, is the only planet where life is possible. Moons do not have enough oxygen in their atmosphere.
5.00M33-6
Image Veemon
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Post Sun May 25, 2008 5:15 pm

You know... if we're able to make the "dust" on the surface of Mars capable of growing grass and shrubs... we would effectively be producing more oxygen there. If oxygen was more abundant on Mars, it could create alternate life forms. We, the human race, would therefor be responsible for the creation of alternate life forms on an otherwise "lifeless" planet (from what we understand today).

Humans can make life. They can clone life. They can genetically alter life. And now we may bring alternate life to the planet Mars. It's a breakthrough all right, to say the least. I just find it interesting that I don't see any major religious organizations opposed to this kind of science publicly.

-DarkPacMan77-
<<

BKFraiders7

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Location: On COD:BO2 iPhone User:5 Mac User: Macbook Pro Mtn Lion

Thanks received: 31 times

Post Sun May 25, 2008 5:19 pm

lets not make another religious topic out of a mars trip.

Everyone says "Oxygen is Life!!". Well thats true....for us. But who knows, some other altered life form might be more dependent on helium.
Watch me stream on MIXER or follow on Youtube at ChA0TiCxDR3AMS

Image Image
<<

DracoDarco

Super Brewer
Super Brewer

Thanks received: 0

Post Sun May 25, 2008 5:22 pm

DarkPacMan77 wrote:You know... if we're able to make the "dust" on the surface of Mars capable of growing grass and shrubs... we would effectively be producing more oxygen there. If oxygen was more abundant on Mars, it could create alternate life forms. We, the human race, would therefor be responsible for the creation of alternate life forms on an otherwise "lifeless" planet (from what we understand today).

Humans can make life. They can clone life. They can genetically alter life. And now we may bring alternate life to the planet Mars. It's a breakthrough all right, to say the least. I just find it interesting that I don't see any major religious organizations opposed to this kind of science publicly.

-DarkPacMan77-

im the only catholic i kno that has no problem with cloning or the creation of life..... luvkily i make up for it with severe homophobia :lol: ....plz dont post anything else religous after this it is mostly a joke
<<

.Yunoko

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Sun May 25, 2008 5:23 pm

You are all talking about air did you ever think that mars is (I forget lol) the closest planet to the sun. (meaning 50c degress + in the day in -50c degrees + at night.) Even if we could grow (air) with grass etc we would most likely burn/freeze to death. Life is almost impossible.

Also I learned this part on a discovery channel show: also other then (air/heat/cold) we (the humans) would need to make the atmosphere thicker and the only way to do that is to make pollution. So once again making the planet even hotter. I think the humans are all going to die in the end.
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Post Sun May 25, 2008 5:29 pm

But no, I didn't mean to make a "religious post", but religion is clearly an object of our modern culture. I just simply think it's interesting that there are religious groups that are opposed to certain "life creating" or "altering" sciences, yet I haven't personally heard of outspoken anger from religious groups about this particular aspect of science. I think that's interesting, especially considering that we're talking about science that has the potential to undermine religion. It's a very fair comparison to make. I don't mean to spark religious debate over it; it's just an object of my curiosity at the moment for me, that's all.

Mars is also the fourth planet from the sun, and the sun doesn't "change" temperature, so I don't understand your statements clearly, .Yunoko. Could you elaborate?

-DarkPacMan77-
<<

8-bit_ninja

Super Brewer
Super Brewer

Post Sun May 25, 2008 5:33 pm

.Yunoko wrote:You are all talking about air did you ever think that mars is (I forget lol) the closest planet to the sun. (meaning 50c degress + in the day in -50c degrees + at night.) Even if we could grow (air) with grass etc we would most likely burn/freeze to death. Life is almost impossible.

Also I learned this part on a discovery channel show: also other then (air/heat/cold) we (the humans) would need to make the atmosphere thicker and the only way to do that is to make pollution. So once again making the planet even hotter. I think the humans are all going to die in the end.
By closest to the Sun, I assume you mean Mercury.
This is a sig. You may think that there is something to it, but in fact it is just an ordinary sig.
<<

DracoDarco

Super Brewer
Super Brewer

Post Sun May 25, 2008 5:37 pm

i was about to say that :D mars is the planet after earth Yunoko
Next

Return to General Chat