<<

mice R nice

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:45 am

farquezy wrote:Amsterdam is a disaster? LOL
you obviously have never set foot in a different country then the one you are currently a inhabitant of have you?
have you even been to Amsterdam? Do you know anyone from Amsterdam? Do you even know what country Amsterdam is in?
That just show ignorance, to talk blindly when you have never been to such a city. Im 100% sure you havent, because if you would have then you wouldnt call it a disaster.

I've bin there a cupple times, it's not that bad, it was a bad joke, sorry if anyone here is from Amsterdam...

but really, there's no f**king way you can argue with the fact that kids getting stoned on a daily basis is not harmful. I personally detest the way that the govt. works nowadays so I don't think that they have any right to stop something that ppl want to do that won't hurt anyone BUT they do have the right and obligation to stop kids from getting stoned all the time, in other words protecting the kids from being stoned all the time. But the fact of the matter is, is that when it becomes legal it will be EVERYWHERE because EVERYONE is doing it now even when it's not legal. s0 there's NO WAY to stop it from harming kids and people's lives.
<<

light_alistor

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:41 pm

uh itd be the same with drinking and smoking then i guess?
<<

farquezy

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:58 pm

mice R nice ~(_"> wrote:
farquezy wrote:Amsterdam is a disaster? LOL
you obviously have never set foot in a different country then the one you are currently a inhabitant of have you?
have you even been to Amsterdam? Do you know anyone from Amsterdam? Do you even know what country Amsterdam is in?
That just show ignorance, to talk blindly when you have never been to such a city. Im 100% sure you havent, because if you would have then you wouldnt call it a disaster.

I've bin there a cupple times, it's not that bad, it was a bad joke, sorry if anyone here is from Amsterdam...

but really, there's no f**king way you can argue with the fact that kids getting stoned on a daily basis is not harmful. I personally detest the way that the govt. works nowadays so I don't think that they have any right to stop something that ppl want to do that won't hurt anyone BUT they do have the right and obligation to stop kids from getting stoned all the time, in other words protecting the kids from being stoned all the time. But the fact of the matter is, is that when it becomes legal it will be EVERYWHERE because EVERYONE is doing it now even when it's not legal. s0 there's NO WAY to stop it from harming kids and people's lives.
As i said before, it is only helpful is LOW amounts, so everyday would indeed be harmful.
but it is not up to the government, does the government own the kids?
its the duty of the parent to take responsibility and show the child that it is harmful for him/her to be smoking everyday.

But overall, i hope we all agree that marijuana should be legal solely based on the fact that, we as civilized individuals do not have the divine right to limit what a person is able to do when it hurts no one.
<<

mice R nice

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:41 pm

Even now, when it is technically taboo to smoke weed, how many kids do you think listen to their parents about it, and if it becomes legal the parents would be the ones smoking it all the time, so they'd either be too stoned to tell their kids not to do it or their kids wouldn't listen to them.

And basically there are roughly 25% of high school kids that already have had experience with weed, when it becomes legal to adults then we can expect that number to jump to about 50%, and when at least or nearly half of the ppl are doing it we can also expect a rise in that 50% that isn't doing it because chances are that everyone by that time has a friend that is smoking it already and peer pressure will be a HUGE mechanism that will drive that other 50% to do it so that's where the corruption begins and the windows open to other things that i stated B4.

~(_">
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 5 times

Thanks received: 10 times

Post Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:19 pm

Even if it does become legal, the parents still wouldn't want their kids doing it. It will still be unacceptable to the general public.
<<

mice R nice

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:39 pm

c0mm0n ground, it has b33n found
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 18 times

Post Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:50 pm

I'd be willing to bet that there are more marijuana smokers in the United States than there are alcohol drinkers. For it not to be legalized, I think that's just a wasted opportunity by Uncle Sam to capitalize on an extremely large market.

-DarkPacMan77-
D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Try shaking the salt harder onto your tongue.
<<

mice R nice

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:03 pm

There will be a bigger increase in underground sales just because there will be no fear

Now That's just the reason, I 100% agree that there are more ppl doing weed right now that drinking, even though it is illegal, now when it becomes legal it will get out of hand guaranteed
<<

light_alistor

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:35 pm

itd still be illegal for kids, police still would catch unlicensed dealers. no reason to believe it would jump to 50% i dont think itd go up more then 10 percent
<<

mice R nice

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:58 pm

s000, wrong, when ALL the adults will do it it may even jump higher than by 50%
<<

light_alistor

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:36 pm

whats your proof?? it seems like you picked a random number
<<

que13x

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 1

Thanks received: 6 times

Post Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:49 pm

America spends billions on drug enforcement. When you take into consideration how easy it is to obtain illegal substances you may realize it is money ill spent.
The programmers you will one day be looking to hire are the ones reading the tech news sites right now.

And they will remember...

~George Hotz @ $ony
<<

mice R nice

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:38 pm

que13x wrote:America spends billions on drug enforcement. When you take into consideration how easy it is to obtain illegal substances you may realize it is money ill spent.

That just shows the lack of effectiveness in the law enforcement that doesn't mean that it should be stopped.

Think about that i don't mean to use 5 as a number, I mean to use t as around half
<<

farquezy

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:42 pm

Mice R nice im guessing you have never tried marijuana?
<<

mice R nice

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:43 pm

lol no I've tried a cupple timez
PreviousNext

Return to General Chat