<<

BKFraiders7

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Location: On COD:BO2 iPhone User:5 Mac User: Macbook Pro Mtn Lion

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 31 times

Post Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:46 pm

Shooting games tho........are awesome on the Xbox. There is rarely a game on the PS3 thats not on the 360 anyway.

Halo and COD4 do just fine for me on the 360. And the $50 a year for online.....is what you pay for. You noticed you paid for a good service.
Watch me stream on MIXER or follow on Youtube at ChA0TiCxDR3AMS

Image Image
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 5 times

Thanks received: 10 times

Post Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:31 am

What are the other best exclusives for the 360? I just know of Halo and Gears of War. Oh and Pacman :wink:
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 10 times

Thanks received: 29 times

Post Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:51 am

I don't know of all the 360 exclusives, but the way I decided was, ask all your friends mice what console they have. Alll my friends have 360's. So I picked the 360 :) You said you like co-op, so naturally just pick whatever all your friends have. If all your friends have a ps3 then pick ps3. It really doesn't matter how good the online play is for me, if I can't play with people that I know then it isn't worth any of my money.

In terms of which online play is better, well obviously you get what you pay for. It has always been that way in the world, and online play is not any different. The only thing that ps3 online play has over live is the price. And 50 bucks a year is not that much I mean really, all you need to do is save $1 a week from your lunch money or whatever, take off Christmas and Thanksgiving, and there yah go. If you play a mmorpg such as WoW, then your already paying $15 a month! That price to me is not enough justification to say the ps3 online is better. I don't know what it is like now, but back last Christmas, I hated it. I would probably still hate it now because all my friends have 360's, and it would suck to be playing it all by myself. The online play is what sold the 360 for me, as well as halo.

So yea, sorry for a long post but most of the answers will probably be biased anyways. The truth is, it depends on whether do you want to play online (does it matter a lot to you?) or do you prefer playing single player games by yourself? If you picked the first, then do you prefer playing online with your friends or just playing online with people you don't know? If you picked the first then ASK your friends what system they have. Then after you ask the choice should be obvious.

Theres millions more reasons that I like the 360 more then the ps3, but I'm trying to be as unbiased as I can.
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
They call me tater salad.
<<

Steeler12

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:59 am

To be honest you'll probably be happy with either one. There are great titles, and great exclusives for each. I might just make two points though...

just keep in mind that almost all xbox exclusives are released for PC, and PS3 titles are not.

PS3 has a higher initial price, but my xbox has proven to be expensive such as online (which has problems frequently for certain games)

There will always be different games for each system, and i will say that they are very different systems. Seriously PS3 online is almost up to Par with 360 now, and its only a matter of time. Also considering that blue ray players are more expensive than a PS3 (not that i really ever use mine)... still its a pretty good deal.

I have both systems in my house, and i love the ps3. My xbox has served me well but i also agree with getting what console your friends have, if you have any friends that play games lol.

But like my dad always says, "the harder a decision is to make between two things, the less it matters what you choose"
Steeler12
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:06 am

You know, just to point out, one of the great things (could be bad) is that the live network is not just a online network for 360's, but it works with all of Microsoft's products. Like Windows live, hotmail, signing onto xbox live on your computer they all use the same network and use the same account. I just like the fact that I only need one single account to use xbox live, and check my email at the same time, and talk to someone using MSN messenger on my 360, who is using it on there computer. I can essentially text someone on their cellphone from my 360 using that built in msn messenger. I use my computer a lot, but I have no headset for my computer. So you know what I do when me and my friend plays like BF2? Start a private chat on live, set the controller down and play bf2 8)

I don't have a ps3 so I can't point out great positives of ps3's online aside from it being free. It would be nice if someone could point out a plus of it.
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
<<

Steeler12

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:17 am

I actually would have to say that the online mode of a 360 is superior for a few reasons. Like i said, i have both so i can honestly tell you which i prefer and why. The PS3 is essentially the same as far as Friends, PSN/Xbox arcade, Connecting with friends to chat and play games and all that. The 360 requires xbox-specific hardware such as a Mic and a Camera to do chat/video chat. The ps3 allows almost all usb mics and Cameras. One thing i do like about the 360 is that you can chat with somebody even if you are playing two different games. You cant do that with the ps3 quite yet, but i believe it will soon. I have had several problems with xbox live. Many games have server problems (which i know isn't actually microsofts fault), although i seem to have problems connecting in general, and my friends share the same issues. As well as the 360 online being laggy sometimes. PS3 is much more flawless as far as just connecting to play an online game IMO.

So here is my point. The PS3 is much more expensive up front, but when put in perspective its not actually a bad deal. My xbox has a 20gb HD. And theres really no other way to move data other than a 50$ memory card. The xbox requires a Specific Mic and a specific camera. And also controllers require a charger to charge, unless you want to buy batterys constantly. The PS3 controller just charges with a mini-usb cable, and runs for weeks. Also with online being free, the cost of your system doesn't grow every year
Steeler12
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:08 am

I haven't had any problems whatsoever with the PS3 online, I have no idea why people don't like it. Maybe they have a bad internet connection? Or maybe they are just unlucky. I hardly care to text on my ps3, when you can have your cell right beside you and do it 4x faster. And you can always check your email on the PS3's internet browser. Since you are always connected to the internet on your PS3 (unless you choose to log out) you don't have to close the browsers or re-connect to the internet.
<<

Yumiko

Mega Brewer
Mega Brewer

Thanks given: 2 times

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:16 am

I'm gonna go buy the 360 tomorrow.
I think I made my choice :D
由美子
<<

BKFraiders7

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:24 am

Get Live and add me..... NeGxRAiD3Rs7x

Image Image
<<

mice R nice

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:36 am

Yumiko wrote:I'm gonna go buy the 360 tomorrow.

Blah!

Why such a quick decision I thot we wer gonna wait it out... :lol:

I'm actually leaning towards the PS3 now, because I just can't afford to miss out on the next Jak and Daxter, or God of War, and also the upcoming Gran Turismo sounds real great

s0 I've made a list of what I like and dislike about these, you guys can correct me on this if I've said something, or if you want to point sumthing out:

PS3:

GEWD:

~God of War
~Jak and Daxter
~Free online
~Gran Turismo
~Multimedia Interface
~Memory stick compatibility
~Internet Browser
~Graphix
~Blu-Ray player (for Blu-Ray movies)
~USB compatibilities
~Controller charging issue, USB charge
~PSP interface

BAD:

~EXPENSIVE
~None of my friends have it
~Developers tend to stray from it

GEWD:

~Shooter games
~PC games that you can play on it
~All my friends have it
~Bigger HDD
~Cheaper
~Gears of War
~Games come out for this console first
~More ppl have this console

BAD:

~No Blu-Ray
~Less gewd graphix
~Laggy online
~Lots of my friends
~NO WIFI!!! you have to buy an ethernet cable that's REALLY long enough to read your modem, or buy a $100 Wi-Fi adapter
~Controller batteries cost
~Pay for Wi-Fi

tell me what I left out

~(_">
<<

BKFraiders7

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:15 am

Well u cant play PC games on a 360.....

If you dont have a HD TV then Blue Ray shouldnt matter really. Graphics are practically the same (this isnt just my theory....its been reported by gamespot), Laggy online is if u have a "discount isle walmart Connection", I just run my ethernet to my laptop and no problem there for XBL, by a play and charge kit for $19 and play with that.

Image Image
<<

Steeler12

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:26 am

Yumiko wrote:I'm gonna go buy the 360 tomorrow.

i would reconsider. Mice made a good point, if you dont want a wired connection, you need some kind of adapter for the 360 to have wifi.

I have both consoles and i honestly prefer the PS3, i just think that since the 360 has been out longer, more people tend to have them

1111 post haha
Last edited by Steeler12 on Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Steeler12
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:27 am

What bkf said about the graphics are true about graphics, to me graphics don't even matter if the game isn't fun. Wii is the perfect example. I don't have lag either when I play online. The only "lag" I have had is on Bad Company, and thats because EA made a sh!t game. That and I have seen people lag, because they have horrible connections/ping. Also you don't have to buy batteries for the controllers, just buy a play and charge kit and you can charge it through usb. You can also check your msn without exiting the game and using a internet browser ^_^

But yea, what is more important, the PS3 exclusives or playing online with your friends? I think if you can answer that question then you can make an easy decision.
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:49 am

I think the PS3 is now starting to pick up, more good games are coming out for it and they are having massive sales since the 40GB. When people see the numbers EA got from the PS3 they would be smart to reconsider :wink:.

The 360 has Halo too, and now the netflix compatibility (Is that already here? or is it a future update?) But also the RROD :(. However isn't that fixed with newer models? If not you can buy the cooler station thingy. I think Bfk got it and it works.

The night of the Sony's E3 they added support to download and rent movies/tv shows with a pretty wide selection from several Movie producers. Downloads for Movies range from $10-15
Downloads for Tv Shows are $2.00 an episode.

Rentals for Movies are $4.00.
<<

BKFraiders7

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:17 pm

my names bKf and yea, it works great. My 360 (on accident) stayed on for 12+ hours and no problem.

Image Image
PreviousNext

Return to General Chat