<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 18 times

Post Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:35 pm

[DPM77's Drug School]

It's "salvia" and it actually is quite powerful, but doesn't last long.

Want to know what does last long? - nutmeg. Smoke a fair amount of nutmeg and tell me how you feel the next day. Then ask yourself why nutmeg isn't illegal.

[/DPM77's Drug School]

-DarkPacMan77-
D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Try shaking the salt harder onto your tongue.
<<

mice R nice

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:38 pm

micemeg

technically making w33d legal would cause a lot of new w33d "plantations" p0p up everywhere, that would cause prooblems t00
<<

brentbizzle

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks received: 15 times

Post Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:13 am

marijuana won't be legal any time soon... alcohol and tobacco is legal because it can be taxed. You can't EASILY brew your own alcohol... especially hard liquor. You can't easily grow your own tobacco either. tobacco plants need so many nutrients that it almost destroys the soil it is grown in. For these things you have to go to a supplier, which means the government can easily tax alcohol and tobacco.

marijuana is a different story. it is so easily grown, you dont even need soil. Nor natural sunlight for that matter. If it were legalized in any form it would make seeds and such more available, meaning people could grow it themselves, totally bypassing any plus for the government to legalize it. Yes of course not everyone is going to grow it... but a lot of the smokers out there have had experience growing themselves... so I'm sure the non-growing market would be small and not as profitable as people would think.

many bills have been written, none have passed. This will be no different.
Founding father of the Wiibrew Packgen.
About 2 noob posts away from going ape sh*t
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 5 times

Thanks received: 10 times

Post Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:19 am

Good point Brent, thats probably it.
<<

.Yunoko

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks received: 3 times

Post Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:03 am

brentbizzle wrote:marijuana won't be legal any time soon... alcohol and tobacco is legal because it can be taxed. You can't EASILY brew your own alcohol... especially hard liquor. You can't easily grow your own tobacco either. tobacco plants need so many nutrients that it almost destroys the soil it is grown in. For these things you have to go to a supplier, which means the government can easily tax alcohol and tobacco.

marijuana is a different story. it is so easily grown, you dont even need soil. Nor natural sunlight for that matter. If it were legalized in any form it would make seeds and such more available, meaning people could grow it themselves, totally bypassing any plus for the government to legalize it. Yes of course not everyone is going to grow it... but a lot of the smokers out there have had experience growing themselves... so I'm sure the non-growing market would be small and not as profitable as people would think.

many bills have been written, none have passed. This will be no different.

Also to that, they have been saying that they will make it legal since the 1950's, so you really think its just going to become legal now. No.
<<

mice R nice

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:02 pm

I would say that somewhere along the line, this bill will be shot down anyway, so it doesn't really have a chance...
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks received: 18 times

Post Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:31 pm

But Brent, you're making it seem as though a company would sell marijuana seeds or sell plants in bags or something, and that is probably the most highly unlikely scenario. Could a company create a marijuana cigarette line and package them in boxes similar to normal cigarette boxes? - yes. If you've ever smoked marijuana in a joint or other wrap, you'd know that you don't include the seeds in the product you intend to smoke, so the assumption that there would be an over abundance of seeds is really quite wrong. The availability of seeds would remain the same, while the end product could remain taxed appropriately.

-DarkPacMan77-
D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Try shaking the salt harder onto your tongue.
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 195 times

Thanks received: 51 times

Post Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:59 pm

You forget. There's websites out for Europe and such that do sell these kinds of things.
They sell the plants and plant seeds and zig-zags and all that crazy stuff.
You would see a spike in these kinds of sells.
<<

brentbizzle

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks received: 15 times

Post Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:13 pm

DarkPacMan77 wrote:But Brent, you're making it seem as though a company would sell marijuana seeds or sell plants in bags or something, and that is probably the most highly unlikely scenario. Could a company create a marijuana cigarette line and package them in boxes similar to normal cigarette boxes? - yes. If you've ever smoked marijuana in a joint or other wrap, you'd know that you don't include the seeds in the product you intend to smoke, so the assumption that there would be an over abundance of seeds is really quite wrong. The availability of seeds would remain the same, while the end product could remain taxed appropriately.

-DarkPacMan77-

seeds are already easy enough to obtain, otherwise there wouldn't be the supply that there is. In WA state where I'm from marijuana is easier to get than alcohol for underage students.

If marijuana becomes legal to own in any quantity would just allow people to smoke what they have freely. A lot of people probably won't be satisfied with "over the counter" marijuana.
Founding father of the Wiibrew Packgen.
About 2 noob posts away from going ape sh*t
<<

mice R nice

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:18 pm

Still, ppl would have more motivation to obtain as many seeds as possible because it's no illegal, so that would result in having more and more ppl sell seeds and everyone would be growing them all over the place so that they would get stoned all the time
<<

.Yunoko

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:19 pm

brentbizzle wrote:
DarkPacMan77 wrote:But Brent, you're making it seem as though a company would sell marijuana seeds or sell plants in bags or something, and that is probably the most highly unlikely scenario. Could a company create a marijuana cigarette line and package them in boxes similar to normal cigarette boxes? - yes. If you've ever smoked marijuana in a joint or other wrap, you'd know that you don't include the seeds in the product you intend to smoke, so the assumption that there would be an over abundance of seeds is really quite wrong. The availability of seeds would remain the same, while the end product could remain taxed appropriately.

-DarkPacMan77-

seeds are already easy enough to obtain, otherwise there wouldn't be the supply that there is. In WA state where I'm from marijuana is easier to get than alcohol for underage students.

If marijuana becomes legal to own in any quantity would just allow people to smoke what they have freely. A lot of people probably won't be satisfied with "over the counter" marijuana.

People are already now satisfied with over the counter pot. They always want more.
<<

mice R nice

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:29 pm

when it becomes legal pp will have the option to look for "better quality" weed
<<

.Yunoko

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:57 pm

I think its already bad enough my little brother has already been offered it by his friends, like 8 of them do it and they are under 15, thats pretty bad, I think if it became legal kids now a days would be f.ucked up even more then they already are.
<<

mice R nice

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:04 pm

V3RY 7RU3
<<

Equ1ox

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:24 pm

Skelator03 wrote:how many people has marijuana killed in the past 10 years ..............................1 .......................alchohol................thousands remmeber that... if they figure a way to tax it i could see it ... marlboro already has a box designed for it. Y not legalize almost 30 % of our jailed community are in there on BS misdemeanor pot charges thats close to 100,000 people

i really don't think its about killing people.
more about how much money the gov. is gunna get from it.
and i agree with advent.
i dont have kids.
and i dont mind people that smoke.
but when i do have kids, i wouldnt want them to see it on the street.
i myself have also seen plenty of people that smoke it on a regular basis and do things that they should have the common sense to stop em selves from doing.

and for thos who smoke.
wouldnt you consider that if the bill is passed what would happen besides legalization?
like adds, different brands, all kinds of crap.
smoking would completely loose its individuality and its meaning.
it would just become another habbit.
The original Equ1ox since 1997.
PreviousNext

Return to General Chat