yea but how do you even figure half?
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 195 times

Thanks received: 51 times

Post Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:18 am

Why would it matter if he tried it or not?
And yeah, my girlfriend's mom used to do it all the time when she lived in California. If it were legalized, I know she would start smoking it again. My dad would too. I know a lot of adults who would start using it. I think about half of adults would at least try it if it were legalized.
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 18 times

Post Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:31 am

I really think people are taking this out of hand a little too far. Not in terms of this thread in particular, but by how people are viewing marijuana or smoking it.

Cigarettes are legal. They don't cause slow reaction time or clumsiness like alcohol does. For that reason alone, that's why you see people smoking cigarettes casually in your daily lives. It's common to see people chain smoke - more power to em. What don't you see? People drinking types of alcohol wherever you look.

Alcohol has a means of distracting you from completing a task or goal. It is also quite powerful. That's why you don't see people consuming alcohol casually throughout your day (most people anyways).

What I'm trying to say is that marijuana is like alcohol, only safer. For many people that have smoked for a year and longer, they don't become as physically inebriated as someone who just started smoking. As in my case, if I were to smoke enough marijuana to get high right now, I would still be fully capable to write a term paper, climb a steep incline, cliff, or tree, run, walk... the list goes on. You wouldn't know if I was high or not unless my eyes were particularly glossy or you smelled it on me, but for myself, I would feel more uplifted, mentally aware, and I'd also be an overall more nice person.

If you had to pick one or the other between alcohol and marijuana, smoking marijuana is the less dangerous, all natural, and safer way of enjoying an altered state of mental and physical awareness.

The public outcry during prohibition and the requests for alcohol to be legalized were very numerous. We're seeing this kind of anticipation today regarding marijuana. Marijuana, being the all-natural substance that people want legalized, really seems like a great tool to use to help the United States pull out from a pretty bad recession for these reasons.

-DarkPacMan77-
D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Try shaking the salt harder onto your tongue.
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 10 times

Thanks received: 29 times

Post Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:32 am

Personally I don't think alcohol, cigarettes, or marijuana should be legalized. But to bad that's not possible. I do however, see just as many people drinking as I do smoking. My dad smokes and drinks all the time, not to mention I go to bars every once and a while to shoot pool (the old drunk guys bet the most money) and they are always drinking (duh its a bar). I mean saying alcohol is legal so marijuana should be too is like saying "Hey it's legal to jump off a bridge 25 feet or shorter, why can't they increase it to 30ft?".

They should either legalize alcohol, cigarettes, or marijuana. Not all of them. Legalize the least harmful (marijuana obviously), and call it a day. The government HAS to make money off of the drugs some how or we will go into a worse recession then we already are in, and it'll turn into a depression.

If there are laws to prevent "smoking and driving" people will break them constantly all the time anyways like they do the alcohol laws. So in the end the only reason they would make marijuana legal is to make money off of it, which will still go to people who break the law, like new laws such as "smoking and driving". I really don't see a positive of it other then to please the public who probably aren't smart enough to know what is good for them in the first place. Half of them smoke cigarettes so what makes you think they are smart enough to make laws?
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
They call me tater salad.
<<

mice R nice

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:47 pm

Thank yoo ace
<<

farquezy

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:42 pm

uhhh obviously everyone here likes fascism except those who find it morally wrong to prevent others from enjoying certain substances the world has to offer.
I thought we are civilized humans which means we dont restrict others, but obviously some of us are born with different ideologies implemented into their young brains which stay with them forever

For those of you who oppose drugs, you are obviously close minded, there is no argument there even if you dont realize that you are close minded
You ask "why am i close minded", well here is a nice explanation.
An open minded person can see all the prospective of a certain argument and understand them, seeing that there is no such a thing as a right or wrong answer when is causes to harm to others.
So a open minded person can see that he or she does not posses the right to give an opinion on whether people are allowed to use certain substances because that person realized that he or she does not posses that right

But a close minded person sticks with what they have been thought all their life, ignoring everyone else argument and not caring about the rights of others which would give that person the conclusion that he or she has the right to restrict others form using a certain substance

Next time you form a opinion on this subject, chose if you wish to be a close minded person, sticking with things you been fed with since your young years, or a open minded person who forms their opinion in a morally correct and civilized manner.
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:23 pm

DarkPacMan77 wrote:What I'm trying to say is that marijuana is like alcohol, only safer.

HAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAH!!!!HAHAHAHAHAH!
HAHAAHAH!
Try being high of marijuana and driving and then try drinking and driving. Oh, wait. You'd die of it before you can go onto the next part.
They would both impair all sensory organs and will cause damage.

If there was a world without guns and only rocket launchers were legal, you could use your same reasoning to argue that guns should be legal too because they're safer. Crime would go up even farther and damages would go up too.

And yes, marijuana is addictive. Anything can be addictive. Masterbating, singing, drinking alchohol, or playing a video game.

ace_012 wrote:Personally I don't think alcohol, cigarettes, or marijuana should be legalized. But to bad that's not possible.

Noice.
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 5 times

Thanks received: 10 times

Post Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:00 pm

crait wrote:
If there was a world without guns and only rocket launchers were legal, you could use your same reasoning to argue that guns should be legal too because they're safer. Crime would go up even farther and damages would go up too.

Noice.

Nice analogy. :wink:
<<

mice R nice

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:37 pm

can't spell analogy without anal

yeah but why do you even go into putting yourself into the position of having to choose between the lesser of two evils, why do they have to be legalized
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 10 times

Thanks received: 29 times

Post Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:51 pm

mice R nice ~(_"> wrote:yeah but why do you even go into putting yourself into the position of having to choose between the lesser of two evils, why do they have to be legalized

Money. Alcohol has already been banned once and they had to legalize it to get out of a recession, or it would've gotten worse. Think about the great depression. Plus people would whine to much.

@ Farquezy, We can be open minded and still have our own opinion.
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
They call me tater salad.
<<

light_alistor

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:39 am

if you look at countries with legal marijuana distribution you can see that their countries arent all falling apart look at the city of amsterdam.

as for craits analogy think of it this way. if only rocket launchers were legal people would tend to blow each other up more damages would be catastrophic but then introduce legal handguns less extreme weapon less likely to do extreme damage. you could say introducing handguns would LOWER damages and result in less casualties. thats a terrible analogy. in fact i fail to see any resemblance whatsoever to drugs at all.

it would be better to say that marijuana is NOT like alcohol OR cigarettes but to instead say its common ground between the two. for example little suzy cant figure out her alcohol limitations, every weekend suzy gets drunk and the more drunk she gets the more alcohol she wants. as little suzy gets drunker and drunker she starts to get sick then dies of alcohol poisoning. poor little suzy... now picture little rasta suzy, all she wants is to get high because she knows that if she drinks bad things could happen cause she has no limits, however little rasta suzy still wants to cut loose. so she turns to the now legal marijuana. she smokes and she smokes and she smokes and realizes shes not getting sick! and that no matter how much weed she smokes she cant overdose! so little rasta suzy had a much better alternative to alcohol. mind you i like rasta suzie cause shes hot and lives. cause dead people suck for dates.

now look at cigo bob. bob hears all these bad things about cigarettes poisons, tars, nicotine and bob doesnt want it anymore but cant quit cause he's hooked on the nicotine. poor cancer ridden bob. rasta bob smokes the ganja. home grown from his LEGAL garden in the little town of maryjane. rasta bob doesn't have to worry about poisons, tars, and nicotine cause he's all natural baby and knows that weed can grow almost ANYWHERE unlike tobacco. he smokes and smokes and smokes to his hearts delight and eating the occasional hash brownie and has a much better alternative to cigs. and i like rasta bob better cause he doesnt complain about cancer.

see what i mean?
<<

farquezy

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:01 am

light_alistor wrote:if you look at countries with legal marijuana distribution you can see that their countries arent all falling apart look at the city of amsterdam.

as for craits analogy think of it this way. if only rocket launchers were legal people would tend to blow each other up more damages would be catastrophic but then introduce legal handguns less extreme weapon less likely to do extreme damage. you could say introducing handguns would LOWER damages and result in less casualties. thats a terrible analogy. in fact i fail to see any resemblance whatsoever to drugs at all.

it would be better to say that marijuana is NOT like alcohol OR cigarettes but to instead say its common ground between the two. for example little suzy cant figure out her alcohol limitations, every weekend suzy gets drunk and the more drunk she gets the more alcohol she wants. as little suzy gets drunker and drunker she starts to get sick then dies of alcohol poisoning. poor little suzy... now picture little rasta suzy, all she wants is to get high because she knows that if she drinks bad things could happen cause she has no limits, however little rasta suzy still wants to cut loose. so she turns to the now legal marijuana. she smokes and she smokes and she smokes and realizes shes not getting sick! and that no matter how much weed she smokes she cant overdose! so little rasta suzy had a much better alternative to alcohol. mind you i like rasta suzie cause shes hot and lives. cause dead people suck for dates.

now look at cigo bob. bob hears all these bad things about cigarettes poisons, tars, nicotine and bob doesnt want it anymore but cant quit cause he's hooked on the nicotine. poor cancer ridden bob. rasta bob smokes the ganja. home grown from his LEGAL garden in the little town of maryjane. rasta bob doesn't have to worry about poisons, tars, and nicotine cause he's all natural baby and knows that weed can grow almost ANYWHERE unlike tobacco. he smokes and smokes and smokes to his hearts delight and eating the occasional hash brownie and has a much better alternative to cigs. and i like rasta bob better cause he doesnt complain about cancer.

see what i mean?
beautiful
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:50 am

light_alistor wrote:as for craits analogy think of it this way. if only rocket launchers were legal people would tend to blow each other up more damages would be catastrophic but then introduce legal handguns less extreme weapon less likely to do extreme damage. you could say introducing handguns would LOWER damages and result in less casualties. thats a terrible analogy. in fact i fail to see any resemblance whatsoever to drugs at all.

How many people do you know that physically own a rocket launcher? How many people do you know own a gun?
Rocket launchers cost a lot more money then guns, therefore, more damages and lifes would suffer from the introduction of guns then just having rocket launchers because of how much easier they are to get even though they would be safer if you compare a rocket launcher to a hand gun. That's what I was trying to say. I probably could have worded it better.

@ Advent: Good catch. :)
<<

farquezy

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:59 am

Well hey, this whole freaking website can be dangerous because it promotes homebrew and illegal activity, lets just ban it then!

Basically thats what your ideologies are saying, that just because something is promoting illegal activity that makes it bad? Who even determines what is illegal and what is legal? who are they to even say what is legal and illegal?
Just because something might lead into a road we dont like, it doesnt make that something bad.

for example: When i first came here, i got CFW, then i got homebrew, and now im downloading games from utorrents for free
so this is a gateway to illegal activities and it must be shut down?

I hope that opened your minds a little :)
PreviousNext

Return to General Chat