Theory

<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 5 times

Thanks received: 10 times

Post Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:06 am

Well lets not forget that you can upload thoughts of your ancestors and relive them as shows by Assassin's Creed. :wink:
It just seems to complicated to be able to do.
<<

DracoDarco

Super Brewer
Super Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:39 am

if u ask me perception in genereral is flawed so memory of a flawed perception is useless..... also both my parents are phsycologists and my best friends dad is a neurologist and they say that ew are capable of remembering 100% of our lives and all of it is stored in our subconscious technically we remember everything about everything that happens to us..... and besides that we only use about 10-15% of our brains anyway, so our minds wont ever reach the potential stated for several...... hundreds or thousands of years, if we make it..... which we wont.
<<

civilchaos

Brewer
Brewer

Post Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:27 pm

Indeed, I totally agree, we're totally jumping the gun and running before walking on the whole "brain" issue.
They're only organic, so they are all going to run differently. It might not even be possible, in some way, I'm glad. I do love the concept though, as I said before.

Also that Assasin's Creed thing, now I don't know the whole story there, I'm sure it's based on some facts, but I understand that our DNA holds everything about us, except our memory. In fact, even most sci-fi movies I can remember (see the pun?) ;) where they "clone" some guy using DNA strands, the guy (or girl, whatever) doesn't usually have any memory, now if anyone can remember an example, please quote me on that (and there's that pun again). Though of course, even the sci-fi writers are merely speculating, it is strongly backed by the fact we have broken the "gene" code several years ago and as I understand it, one of the main conclusions from it was that only information about our make-up was stored in there, which to be honest, is a lot of information already, our strands aren't long enough to hold our history, and as was said before, it takes enough of our brains to store and process that information as it is. DNA is pretty damn tiny, we're talking on a molecular scale here.
<<

Jar3tt

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:50 pm

i saw that guy with the photographic memory too! he had some sort of disease, like autism (but i dont think it was autism) something wrong anway, but yeah, wish i had a photographic memory!
<<

.Yunoko

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 3 times

Post Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:00 pm

I didn't see it but it could have been autism because just like losing say your sight, it increases other sense 's, so if he was born with it he might have gotten this photographic memory.
Previous

Return to General Chat