Forum    News    Downloads    Saved Games

Trouble installing homebrew apps.

<<

Sovarius

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:33 pm

Trouble installing homebrew apps.

I'm sure something like this has been asked before, but I didn't find it with the search. Feel free to cuss at me if you think i'm stupid.

I updated my wii to 4.0 before installing the Homebrew Channel with Bannerbomb/Bootmii. I didn't use Twilight.

So far, i have nothing on the HBC, but i am trying to get any form of cheat code manager, specifically because i want to hack/cheat on Brawl.

I'm so far not understanding exactly what else is required to install any apps. I've tried downloading Code Manager and Wiicm and Gecko OS, and i follow all the instructions, but every time i go to install, nothing happens.

Here's examples of what i'm having trouble with. Also, since i doubt i need several means of cheat managing, i'm open to suggestions.

For Code Manager at wiibrew.org/wiki/Code_manager, the instructions say to;

# decompress rar file into root of sd card.
# put text code file(*.txt) in sd:/txtcodes.
# run cheat manager, browse text code file and select it.

When it says "run cheat manager", what does that entail?
I tried to go into data management on my wii channels, and click SD card, like i did with the HBC, but nothing happens.

The same happens with Wiicm, nothing.

1. Copy wiicm apps package to SD Card.
2. Create /CODES/ directory on root of SD Card.(This is where the .gct file will be written to)

I did both of those. But i just can't get anything to happen after that. All i'm doing is taking up space on my SD card.

If anyone can help me or link me somewhere i can get these answers i'd appreciate it.
<<

Alex Finlay

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks given: 1

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:00 pm

first off, your not stuipid i made similar mistakes when i first tried homebrew, *fatal 1 was updating to 4.0*
Anyways, 2ndly you have to make a folder called apps on the route of your sd card.
Make sure the files your putting in apps you have renamed to boot.dol Say for example; you have a file called usbloader.dol You need to rename it to boot.dol
You don't install stuff it just loads from the sd card.
You do install wads.
Being redone
<<

Sovarius

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:22 am

Yea, the only reason i updated was because i had heard that it didn't matter what version you had when homebrewing, and that the only difference was that after hacking you could never update again. So i figured i'd get in one last update real quick. I should stop listening to the ramblings of mad men :V

All the dol's i've ever had were already named boot.

The directory for apps is sd\private\wii\app
Does it need to be apps, or app? Or do i have it named correctly, but not in the right place?

So, after having it on the SD, what do i do after putting it in the Wii?

Thanks for your help.
<<

Alex Finlay

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks given: 1

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:16 am

sd\private\wii\app
THATS WRONG!
its sd/Apps

Thats why it isnt working.