Sega Gen/ Master issue

<<

theflash

Young Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:30 am

Sega Gen/ Master issue

I have the sega gen and master installed and able to play games on the wiimote no problem. I tried to use the wavebird GC controller and no luck. Do i need to use a normal GC controller? Also will the sega emu's have classic controllor support in the future? PS. Love the hack!
<<

Terdinglage

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:49 am

Re: Sega Gen/ Master issue

theflash wrote:I have the sega gen and master installed and able to play games on the wiimote no problem. I tried to use the wavebird GC controller and no luck. Do i need to use a normal GC controller? Also will the sega emu's have classic controllor support in the future? PS. Love the hack!

I would bet it will have classic support in the future, thats usually a pretty standard issue update with emulators these days. You will have to wait for a new version to be relased obviously, but I would expect it to come in due time.

If your wavebird didn't work, your most guaranteed bet is just to go wired. Its almost guaranteed a gamecube controller will work, but the wavebird would be a little iffy.

PS: I'm glad you like the hack :D, thanks for the feedback !
<<

theflash

Young Brewer

Post Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:28 pm

thanks for the reply.

How do the updates work on the EMU's? Once they are released do i have to recreate a homebrew pack?
<<

Terdinglage

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:23 pm

theflash wrote:thanks for the reply.

How do the updates work on the EMU's? Once they are released do i have to recreate a homebrew pack?

Yep, once they are released we will update the Pack Generator and made a note in the 'Recent Updates' log that is at the top of the page. When you download an udpate though, you only have to select the one piece of homebrew you want to update, extract it to the root, and overwrite your old files and folders.
<<

theflash

Young Brewer

Post Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:24 pm

this may be a dumb question but do i need to load the emu's in gamecube mode to use the game cube controller? If so, how do i load it in GC mode?
<<

brentbizzle

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks received: 15 times

Post Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:25 pm

You don't change the mode of load... the homebrew we have is Wii homebrew. There is homebrew for the Gamecube, that needs GCOS to load... I wouldn't worry about it, it's not worth it.

If an emulator supports Gamecube controllers, then it will work. There is a new version of SMS Plus and Genesis Plus that supports the classic controller, which will be uploaded to the packgen tonight (at work at the moment).
Founding father of the Wiibrew Packgen.
About 2 noob posts away from going ape sh*t
<<

theflash

Young Brewer

Post Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:47 pm

i havent seen the update. has it been uploaded?
<<

Terdinglage

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:06 am

theflash wrote:i havent seen the update. has it been uploaded?

I will verify when I get home, but I think this was updated. The cache may not have been cleared yet (we are still looking for a viable solution regarding this issue.

Return to Wii Help & Tutorials