Few Questions

<<

Rahabib

Young Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:04 pm

Few Questions

I found your WiiBrew Pack Generator online and figured I'd give it a go. However, before I do, I have a few questions.

1) I looked around but didn't find an answer, but do I have to run the Twilight hack every time I want to use the Homebrew Channel, or do I run it once and it shows up indefinitely (i.e. after shutdowns etc.)?

2) With updates on the Wii coming often, will it screw up anything if an update stops the hack or will it still function as a normal Wii just with homebrew not working?

Thanks for any answers.
<<

Terdinglage

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:41 pm

Re: Few Questions

Rahabib wrote:I found your WiiBrew Pack Generator online and figured I'd give it a go. However, before I do, I have a few questions.

1) I looked around but didn't find an answer, but do I have to run the Twilight hack every time I want to use the Homebrew Channel, or do I run it once and it shows up indefinitely (i.e. after shutdowns etc.)?

2) With updates on the Wii coming often, will it screw up anything if an update stops the hack or will it still function as a normal Wii just with homebrew not working?

Thanks for any answers.

Thanks for dropping by, and sorry for the delayed response, but I'm at work right now.

Regarding your questions...

1. You only have to run the Twilight Hack once, and then The Homebrew Channel will appear on your Wii and stay there, even after your console is reset. You can remove The Homebrew Channel at any time by going into Channel Manager.

2. It will most likely not screw it up, but it may disable it. What happend with the last update was that the new dash disabled the Twilight Hack, but for any users that already had the Homebrew Channel insatalled, all their homebrew worked normally. Luckily, the Twilight Hack was adjusted to work on the newest dashboard, so everyone could have homebrew again. The bottom line is that while Nintendo may disable your Homebrew with future updates, they definitely wouldn't want to make a new update break a homebrew users Wii in any way, thats just bad business. So you should be more than safe.
<<

Rahabib

Young Brewer

Post Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:45 pm

thanks for the reply.

Ill probably disable WiiConnect24 just to be safe but otherwise, thats good news.
<<

Terdinglage

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:32 pm

Rahabib wrote:thanks for the reply.

Ill probably disable WiiConnect24 just to be safe but otherwise, thats good news.

yeah, good call. any update Nintendo puts out is probably not worth the loss of homebrew :D

Return to Wii Help & Tutorials