<<

The Cookie Monster

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 9 times

Thanks received: 54 times

Post Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:24 am

Do regions matter on a modified xbox?

So I want to play a game really bad, but I can find it only the NTSC version of it, and my xbox is PAL. is there a program or something that I can use to change the image file?
-Formerly DCM
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 10 times

Thanks received: 29 times

Post Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:45 am

Re: Do regions matter on a modified xbox?

Unfortunately the only way to play a different region is to jtag your xbox as far as I know, and of course jtag'n it will get it banned from xbox live. What game is it? Maybe I can help you out.

Also if you do find any program that can change the region on the iso when you play that game it will most likely will get you banned from xbox live as well. They're used to be stuff like that a long time ago but people were getting banned for modifying their iso's.
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
They call me tater salad.
<<

The Cookie Monster

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:16 am

ace wrote:Unfortunately the only way to play a different region is to jtag your xbox as far as I know, and of course jtag'n it will get it banned from xbox live. What game is it? Maybe I can help you out.

Also if you do find any program that can change the region on the iso when you play that game it will most likely will get you banned from xbox live as well. They're used to be stuff like that a long time ago but people were getting banned for modifying their iso's.

It's a game that doesn't use xbox live though.. :/

Anyways, I wanted to ask, is there a way you can play an iso on your xbox [using a harddisk or something] without burning it to a dvd? I doubt you can, but I've read a few posts on the internet of people saying they can...
-Formerly DCM
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:55 am

Well I mean regardless of whether the game uses xbox live or not your xbox will get banned from xbox live. Even if your not connected to xbox live the xbox can be flagged and next time it connects to xbox live it will tell you that you've been banned.

And yes you can play an iso off your hd but you have to jtag your xbox. Basically if you didn't care about xbox live you can do whatever you want, but if you do care then you have to be really careful about making sure your games are stealth patched and burned properly.
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
<<

The Cookie Monster

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:12 am

I think I'll stick to dual-layered DVDs then. The problem is that my lens are messed up or something because if a game even gets a slight scratch it won't work properly on my xbox though another xbox will play it fine.

Sadly it all started here. :(
-Formerly DCM
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:36 am

Ah, did you try adjusting the dvd pot? Also, using "Verbatim" branded dual layer dvd's might help. I've seen people have tons of problems dealing with different disc media.

Return to 360 Help & Tutorials