<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 10 times

Thanks received: 29 times

Post Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:14 pm

[360] Transfering profiles to your HD

This tutorial is for transferring and/or backing up data on your xbox 360's HD. Several uses can be backing up your profiles or gamesaves on your computer, or even transferring friends profiles to your hard drive.

Before you begin you will need to be able to connect your hard drive to your computer. Various methods include XSATA's, minispy, the Microsoft cord, and just taking apart the plastic casing and plugging it up using a sata cable and power cord. You can refer to my tutorial on located here to take your HD casing apart.

Disclaimer:
I nor any brewery member will be held responsible for your actions. Follow the tutorial and you shouldn't have a problem ;) You should always back up your data before performing anything similar to this.

Steps:
1. Once you have your hard drive connected to your computer (you may have to restart it) you can use a free program known as Xplorer360 to open the HD's contents.
2. Just go to Drive > Open > Harddrive or Memcard... to open the contents of your hard drive.
3. Next just open Partition 3 by double clicking it, then opening the Content folder.
4. Just drag and drop your profile folder into the content folder and Xplorer360 should inject the folder.
5. Finally exit Xplorer360 and plug the hard drive back up to your 360.

You can also use Xplorer's backup utility by going to Drive > Backup Image.. and it will backup all information on the hard drive as an image. If anything is ever deleted or corrupt, you can just open the hard drive back up in Xplorer360 and restore the image. The process usually takes anywhere around 15 minutes but can vary depending on different circumstances.

If you have any problem following this tutorial just ask ;) I will add photos soon.
Last edited by ace on Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
They call me tater salad.
<<

leonclark

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:06 am

This means that you can't connect the x360 to the computer the same way the xbox 1? (conecting with a cable directly and with a FTP program)

'Cause, I'm not very convinced about opening my HD.
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:50 am

Yes you cannot simply FTP into the xbox 360 like you could with the xbox 1 that I am aware of.
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 18 times

Post Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:44 am

The hard drive in the 360 is a SATA drive. I thought some of the first information I heard about from the 360 scene was about people hooking up the drives to the computer.

-DarkPacMan77-
D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Try shaking the salt harder onto your tongue.
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:29 pm

DarkPacMan77 wrote:The hard drive in the 360 is a SATA drive. I thought some of the first information I heard about from the 360 scene was about people hooking up the drives to the computer.

-DarkPacMan77-

Did you not read the tutorial? lol It's a 2.5" SATA drive... That still doesn't mean you can FTP into it.
<<

Corson59

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:05 pm

what does fpt mean? or w.e it is
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:47 am

File Transfer Protocol. It basically means transferring files over your lan.

Return to 360 Help & Tutorials