Forum    News    Downloads    Saved Games

Xbox 360 hard drive transfer issues

<<

Havok08x

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:10 am

Xbox 360 hard drive transfer issues

Recently i bought a transfer cable to move game content from my regular 20gb hard drive to my halo 3 special edition hard drive, but after the transfer was complete my xbox 360 wouldnt recognize the new halo hard drive after it was put into place on the left side of the xbox, so i took it out and put the original hard drive into place and still the xbox wont recognize that drive either and a message keeps coming up when i go into the system settings under memory that says there is no storage device detected. The only way I can now use my profile is if I have my halo hard drive connected to the transfer cable which is plugged into one of my usb ports that my xbox will detect, otherwise nothing will work. Is there a way I can reset my xbox so that it will read the hard drive, or do you think the plug in for the hard drive on the side is broke ( although it was working just fine before I started the transfer)
<<

The Cookie Monster

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 9 times

Thanks received: 54 times

Post Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:39 am

Re: Xbox 360 hard drive transfer issues

perhaps posting this in the xbox section would get you help...
-Formerly DCM
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 10 times

Thanks received: 29 times

Post Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:14 pm

Can you confirm that both the hard drives work in another xbox or that another hard drive works in your xbox that wasn't involved in memory transfer?
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
They call me tater salad.
<<

Havok08x

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:23 am

here is a quick update on the hard drive error, I tried both of my hard drives on my buddy's elite and both hard drive were not detected, but when he tried his 120gb hard drive on my halo 3 special edition xbox it detected his hard drive so I now know it isnt the hard drive port on the side of the xbox so that rules out my xbx 360, that leaves the transfer cable to blame since both hard drives worked before i performed the transfer. So long story short, If anyone has had trouble with a hard drive transfer that renders both hard drive basically useless, let me know, and whats weird is that I can still use my halo 3 hard drive if it is connected to the transfer cable which is plugged into one of the usb ports.
Quick shout out to DarkPacman77, i heard he has the flu, get better man
<<

que13x

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 1

Thanks received: 6 times

Post Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:00 am

Find a program called "Xbox 360 Commander".

It should do what you need.
The programmers you will one day be looking to hire are the ones reading the tech news sites right now.

And they will remember...

~George Hotz @ $ony

Return to 360 Help & Tutorials