Forum    News    Downloads    Saved Games

Need info on XCM High Speed Air Cooler v2 !!

<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 10 times

Thanks received: 29 times

Post Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:27 am

I haven't used the XCM's case fans (just the core coolers, a buddy of mine used those "whisper" case fans) but if I remember correctly I think it has a variable speed control with it, and is pretty quiet. You do however need some sort of replacement, or your xbox will overheat. The same thing happened to a friend of mine twice after using that whisper fan (forgot the brand) so he just strait wired the stock fan to a 12v source on the motherboard.

Sorry for the delay in response, website has been down for a while and new posts weren't showing up for me ;)
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
They call me tater salad.
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 18 times

Post Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:59 pm

Hi aventured, and welcome to our forum! I see ace has already assisted you here, the helpful little fella that he is, but I thought I'd chime in as well. The cooler you mention DOES have a fan speed controller so you can choose to have it blowing at a higher or lower revolution(s) per minute if you want to customize the fans to a noise level that is appropriate for you. It does also have an "auto" function so it will raise fan speed "as-needed" according to the temperature of the processor and graphics processor. The fans are pretty quiet for being smaller fans, but as with almost all fans, they aren't necessarily "silent" but give off a low hum. I believe the fan controller device is "in-line", so there wouldn't be any need to take it off of the device itself, however, like I say, there is an auto function for you to use instead if you don't want to manually adjust anything yourself.

Like ace mentions, get a replacement fan kit ASAP. I wouldn't even turn it on at all without having some kind of airflow going through your precious system. This is critically important with Xbox 360's.

-DarkPacMan77-
D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Try shaking the salt harder onto your tongue.
<<

funnyceline

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Thu May 13, 2010 6:31 am

I think the XCM high speed cooler version 1 is the same as version 2. You should see the specification first before upgrading. It can only cool the temperature of the Xbox outer surface but do not cool the temperature of the CPU/GPU, therefore, making them useless to combat CPU/GPU overheating.
<<

CrisPin

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:42 am

Re: Need info on XCM High Speed Air Cooler v2 !!

It was a best plan for the XCM high speed cooler. This one can classify as of the best performance. If we talk about the features of it, we can assume that it can take a good condition to your things. This one was a top cooler that somebody needs to have it.

Return to 360 Help & Tutorials