Forum    News    Downloads    Saved Games

Media Update Help

<<

ThruEyesofPumpkins

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:06 pm

Media Update Help

When i try to watch videos from my PC i get the media Update error. The problem is i got banned from xbox live recently :) and before that happen i watched videos with no problem. My xbox can still access files from my computer I just cant play them and i think its because im not on xbox live. I was wondering if i cant get around it somehow. And if not is their anything else i can use to play video files from my pc to my tv without the xbox.
<<

BKFraiders7

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Location: On COD:BO2 iPhone User:5 Mac User: Macbook Pro Mtn Lion

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 31 times

Post Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:29 pm

theres probably a update floating around that allows you to do an update to watch videos from a flash drive.

Iv been "banned" before as well when I did the NXE early...thankfully it was until the update was actually released.
Watch me stream on MIXER or follow on Youtube at ChA0TiCxDR3AMS

Image Image
<<

ThruEyesofPumpkins

Thanks received: 0

Post Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:39 pm

I tried looking for a downloadable media update but i had no luck. i guess just have wait to get a new xbox.
<<

BKFraiders7

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Location: On COD:BO2 iPhone User:5 Mac User: Macbook Pro Mtn Lion

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 31 times

Post Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:48 pm

No that I think about it..it wouldnt surprise me if you couldnt watch videos after being banned. I mean, I know you cant play games from HDD if you get banned so it wouldnt surprise me
Watch me stream on MIXER or follow on Youtube at ChA0TiCxDR3AMS

Image Image
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 10 times

Thanks received: 29 times

Post Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:10 am

Yes, once your xbox is banned you can't use the media extender. Basically banned xboxs are useless now unless you know how to use a con resigner, in which case there only use is to play burnt games and get achievements on your xbox live account. But aside from that you can't use the media extender, rip games to the HD, and transfer gamesaves/profiles without some computer knowledge.

So yea, if you wanna use it, sorry bud you gotta get a new xbox :(
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
They call me tater salad.
<<

JustinWoodypond

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks received: 1

Post Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:45 pm

Unfortunately, theres nothing you can do with a banned console, but for future reference, a way to get media streaming + the media update working while offline, here is what you do:

1. Make sure the profile you are signed in to was created ON THE CONSOLE YOU'RE USING. If the profiles you have were not made on the current console, make a new silver account.
2. If you have the media update installed, go into your system memory and delete it.
3. Sign in to any profile that was made on your console, and download the media update.

Thats it. The trick is to use it offline, you have to download the media update with a profile that was created on that console. I have 2 xbox's in the house for the sole purpose of media streaming, one is banned and streaming all my pc content via wifi.

Another thing you can do to bypass the media problems is to use a secondary server program like Tversity (although I don't recommend that one.) It sounds weird, but I use a program called PS3 Media Server to stream mkv content to my PS3 (Works incredibly by the way) and that server also shows up on the 360, and streams most content, so check that out. If you have any questions about media streaming, that is my main source of tv content in my house, so I'm very familiar with it, hit me up via PM or AIM.
The opposite of war isn't peace, it's creation!

Return to 360 Help & Tutorials