<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 10 times

Thanks received: 29 times

Post Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:41 pm

[360] RCA Audio + HDMI Video for free

Well I recently bought a Tritton AX 720 headset, and since I already use HDMI for my 360, and the headset uses the fiber optic port on the A/V cable that comes with the xbox, I didn't really feel like shelling out $50 for a dongle that MS sells for that specific reason. So, quick fix? Yep, all you have to do is take the casing off the original A/V cable that comes with your xbox. It doesn't harm the cable in any way, and fits pretty smoothly above the HDMI cord so you can use the RCA audio plugs, or the fiber optic.
-Materials
-Steps
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*DISCLAIMER* If you follow this tutorial to a T, you shouldn't have any problems. But stuff happens, so me nor any other member on the brewology network will be held for your dumb mistakes. We will try to help you, but we are not responsible for the end result. So on with the tutorial. Also this does VOID YOUR WARRANTY, so if it overheats after you have taken apart your xbox, you will not be able to send it in under warranty to get it fixed.

What is this for?

Using the RCA audio connectors, or fiber optic port, for external speakers while still using the HDMI port for video for free.

Materials

You will need for this:
-The stock A/V cord that came with your xbox
-A small flathead screwdriver/pocket knife
-Patience

Steps

1. Using your prying tool, simple start from the corded end underneath the rubber protector towards the front of the plug. There is four little "clips" that hold it together circled in the picture. Just pry those apart and your golden.
ImageImage

2. The switch just comes right off, no springs or anything. Just plug it up, and your good to go. Comes in handy for turtle beach or tritton headsets, or any external speakers for that matter. It takes slight pressure to plug it in above the hdmi cord if your using the MS one, but it works perfectly fine. This can really be done for any A/V cable for the 360, I've heard of others buying gamestop universal A/V cables and doing the same thing, if you prefer not to mess with your stock A/V cord.

And for anyone wondering, yes the Tritton AX 720 is amazing. Definitely worth the investment, and the 5.1 Surround is unbelievable.
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
They call me tater salad.
<<

BKFraiders7

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Location: On COD:BO2 iPhone User:5 Mac User: Macbook Pro Mtn Lion

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 31 times

Post Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:20 pm

Just so everyone knows..if you buy an Elite you already have this special audio cable.
Watch me stream on MIXER or follow on Youtube at ChA0TiCxDR3AMS

Image Image
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 10 times

Thanks received: 29 times

Post Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:03 pm

If you bought an elite your probably rich enough to afford the overpriced cable anyways :p But for those of us with a little less money, this is definitely good to know ;)
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
They call me tater salad.
<<

BKFraiders7

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Location: On COD:BO2 iPhone User:5 Mac User: Macbook Pro Mtn Lion

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 31 times

Post Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:17 am

:) Elites the new Pro :(
Watch me stream on MIXER or follow on Youtube at ChA0TiCxDR3AMS

Image Image
<<

muritala

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:42 am

Re: [360] RCA Audio + HDMI Video for free

How do I get my laptop to connect to my hdtv with hdmi again? I have a Dell Inspiron 1525 w/ Windows Vista. When I connect the hdmi cable it makes a ding but nothing shows up on my tv screen. I've connected it before plenty of times and it just recently stopped working. The hdmi cable works perfectly, I connected it to my ps3 which is originally why I bought it, and it worked fine.

Return to 360 Help & Tutorials