Keeley's Master Tutorial for the Backup Loader a.k.a. KMTBL

<<

Keeley

Young Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:11 pm

Keeley's Master Tutorial for the Backup Loader a.k.a. KMTBL

I made this tut for all you who have backup loader and burning problems questions or problems.

*Note I'm not responsible for anything that happens to your Wii!*

---------Here's what you'll need 1st---------
Backup Loader Gamma
RegionFrii
Brickblocker
Winrar
IMGBurn or Nero
Homebrew

---------What they do---------

Backup Loader Gamma - is an app for homebrew that allows the Wii to read backups.

RegionFrii - is a program that changes your backup's region.
Remember Pal = Europe, Ntsc = America, Ntsc-J = Asian

Brickblocker - is a program that removes updates from your backup you'll need it if you don't want a semi or full bricked Wii !

Winrar - is a program that extracts the backups into one single .iso file. When you download a game there will come a lot of files, the name of the files should be: gamename.iso.01.rar or something close to that.

IMGBurn - is a program that burns the ISO to a DVD disc or a DL Disc.
REMEMBER NOT TO BURN ON A TOO HIGH OF A SPEED.

Nero- same as IMGBurn

I'd burn on 2.4x – 4x max, if you burn on a too fast the game will crash or something when you play it( rumors say but some people can do it at 16x ), and don't get tricked of the icon the ISO file has, the icon should look like a Winrar file but's it still an ISO.

!! !Don't extract the ISO ever! !!

--------Installing the Backup Loader------------

Assuming that you already have Homebrew ( if you don't Google's your best friend! )

Do these steps once

Step 1. Use Waninkoko's cIOS249 rev 7
*Install it through Wi-Fi because installing through wad are known to cuase problems!!!*

Step 2. Then install the backup loader

And there you have it the Backup Loader!!!

Now find a ISO to download scrubbed or not... now may make you think... what exactly is "scrubbed"

---------WiiScrubber---------

WiiScrubber is a great app that allows you to 'scrub' away the garbage data of Wii ISOs and drastically and I mean drastically reduces the size of the ISO. However this is not just for smaller storage, the ISOs still work on the Wii AFTER being compressed.

All credits go to Dack for making this program, and how to use it.

I can't tell you guys how to use it since I don't use it :oops: sorry. ( Remember Google's your best friend )

Note: Once you download a game that has been scrubbed, just unRAR the iso file & burn. No need to "rescrub"...
Note: When an iso is scrubbed, the iso file is still the same size, the difference is only noticible when compressing

---------Burning ISO---------

Step 1. Open the folder where you have the iso files in there you should find a file named: gamename.iso.01.rar or something close to that. Open it and highlight the iso file then right click on the file and click extract to... a location where you want the fully .iso file to be extracted. Remember the location. Be carefull the iso file should have the same icon as a normal winrar file but don't get tricked, it is a iso file and you should not extract a iso file ever !

Step 2. Then it's time to use RegionFrii and Brickblocker only use the two things if the backup is not matching your wii region !! if the backup and the wii match you don't have to use them . Just open RegionFrii and Brickblocker as a normal software click on Browse in the software and find the complete iso file then press submit or something that means the same. Remember there will come a new complete .iso file when you use RegionFrii and if you want to use Brickblocker too you have to find the new complete .iso file that was maked by RegionFrii.

Step 3. Now it is time to burn it open IMGBURN and put a empty DVD disc in your DVD burner, there should be typed ready in the left lower corner of the software if the disc is empty. Press the find button and find your complete .iso file you have used RegionFrii and Brickblocker on. Set the speed to 2.4x - 3x that's a good writing speed. When the process is done take out the disc and put it into your wii and the backup will load.

Note: The Brickblocker is optional, since Wii Gator's Backup loader doesn't let you install updates, but some people use it anyway. You only need if you use a mod-chip.

So now you're thinking what kinds of DVDs, Keeley?

---------What kind of DVD---------

DVD+R or DVD-R hmmmmm....... Well many people say that DVD-R are the best. For all you who bought DVD+R you're all thinking DAMN! I bought DVD+Rs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK OK calm down I got you guys covered, you can change the booktype of your DVD+R to DVD-R or DVD-ROM (Doesn’t really matter which but I would use DVD-R just in case)

---------Changing the booktype of DVD+R---------

All These Steps are for ImageBurn

Step 1. Click on "Write image file to disk"

Step 2. On the bottom right hand corner there should be an icon that looks like an open book..click on it

Step 3. Click on the company that made your DVD Burner ( it should on the sticker ON the back of your DVD Burner or at least mine is....)

Step 4. On the "Change for : " choose DVD+R then on the " New settings " put DVD-R

Note: This will only work if you drive is supported

EDIT: Go here if your drive isn't supported ( you'll need Nero )
  Code:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=121331

Also here is a Compatiblity List for Gamma
  Code:
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php/Backup_Launcher_v3

And this concludes my KMTBL is there are any mistakes don't hesitate to tell me and post ALL of your questions here!!!![/code]
Last edited by Keeley on Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:34 pm, edited 13 times in total.
<<

brentbizzle

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks received: 15 times

Post Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:16 pm

Thanks for the contribution, but it would be nice if you could clean this up a little and make it look a bit more professional. Check out one of our other tutorials for an example.
Founding father of the Wiibrew Packgen.
About 2 noob posts away from going ape sh*t
<<

Keeley

Young Brewer

Thanks received: 0

Post Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:05 am

brentbizzle wrote:Thanks for the contribution, but it would be nice if you could clean this up a little and make it look a bit more professional. Check out one of our other tutorials for an example.

Thanx for the tip i'll try and make it "more professional"

Return to Wii Help & Tutorials