Forum    News    Downloads    Saved Games

Wii64

<<

Raremilk

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:03 pm

Wii64

I just recently installed a couple goodies with the generator pack and one of the goodies happened to be the Wii64 and I have a couple of questions...

1.What is everyones usual loading time for someone to load the rom?
2.Is there a way to raise the fps (I read the readme and I know the fps is half)
3.Is it normal to have just a black screen and on the top left corner showing only 1-5 fps?

I did the twilight hack and I have the HB Channel I put the n64 roms in the root directory I don't know what I did wrong or maybe I'm too impatient but the VBA works fine so I was just wondering if there is a certain process I might have skipped or missed out on...
<<

Terdinglage

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:30 pm

Re: Wii64

Raremilk wrote:I just recently installed a couple goodies with the generator pack and one of the goodies happened to be the Wii64 and I have a couple of questions...

1.What is everyones usual loading time for someone to load the rom?
2.Is there a way to raise the fps (I read the readme and I know the fps is half)
3.Is it normal to have just a black screen and on the top left corner showing only 1-5 fps?

I did the twilight hack and I have the HB Channel I put the n64 roms in the root directory I don't know what I did wrong or maybe I'm too impatient but the VBA works fine so I was just wondering if there is a certain process I might have skipped or missed out on...

You didn't do anything wrong, its just a very slow emulator :(. In order to run the FPS most likely has to be incredibly low. When you have those black screens showing 1-5 fps, I imagine it is playing your game, but with such awful compatibility it would take 5 minutes before you saw a menu. Good job doing the research before posting, but I'm afraid I'm going to just have to tell you to keep checking back for a new version. Rest assured we will update it when a new, better version comes out, but right now that's the best there is :(.
<<

Raremilk

Post Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:52 pm

Its fine I think I'm gonna play RE:Umbrella Chronicles and download this game save on here that has with infinite ammo and go trigger happy
<<

Terdinglage

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:33 pm

Ha ha, have fun :)
<<

The_Hams

Young Brewer

Post Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:59 pm

Does anyone know what kind of ROMs it takes? I have a lot of .z64 and .v64, and a few .rom. The last (only) time I tried to run Wii64 it crashed my Wii. Am I using the right file types?
<<

z0oinks

Post Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:12 am

"an error has occured"

The_Hams wrote:Does anyone know what kind of ROMs it takes? I have a lot of .z64 and .v64, and a few .rom. The last (only) time I tried to run Wii64 it crashed my Wii. Am I using the right file types?

yeah..the same thing happenes to me! whenever i try to load a rom on the wii64 emulator it says "an error has occured"
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

can anyone help me? i really need to know!

oh right..if you need to know what file i am using, im using z64 files
forget about benjamin franklin! its all about bob franklin the 2nd!!
<<

roxfox64

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:39 am

I'm using .z64 files.
5.00M33-6
Image Veemon
<<

z0oinks

Post Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:38 am

roxfox64 wrote:I'm using .z64 files.

ok...thats what im using....can anyone tell me whats wrong?? oh...by the way..roxfox,can you give me the link to where you downloaded the emulator?

thx a bunch!

here is what it says when i press "load a new rom>from sd card"

<<

brentbizzle

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks received: 15 times

Post Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:39 am

I just downloaded from our Wiipack gen and tested it with a super smash bros rom, a z64 file. I had no trouble loading.

Maybe your roms are bad, i don't know. The current list of playable games from the project site are as follows:

Playable:

Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time
Goldeneye 007
Mission Impossible
Duke Nukem 64
Wave Race
Aeroguage
1080 Snowboarding
Mario Kart 64
Killer Instinct Gold
Rampage Universal Tour
Turok dinosaur Hunter
Super Smash bros
Mortal Kombat Trilogy
Mortal Kombat Sub-Zero Mythologies
F-1 Pole Position
Super Mario 64
Rampage World Tour
Kirby 64
Founding father of the Wiibrew Packgen.
About 2 noob posts away from going ape sh*t
<<

qwerty

Young Brewer

Post Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:54 am

brentbizzle wrote:I just downloaded from our Wiipack gen and tested it with a super smash bros rom, a z64 file. I had no trouble loading.

Maybe your roms are bad, i don't know. The current list of playable games from the project site are as follows:

Playable:

Goldeneye 007
Mission Impossible
Duke Nukem 64
Wave Race
Aeroguage
1080 Snowboarding
Mario Kart 64
Killer Instinct Gold
Rampage Universal Tour
Turok dinosaur Hunter
Super Smash bros
Mortal Kombat Trilogy
F-1 Pole Position
Super Mario 64
Rampage World Tour
Kirby 64

That just means games that will load but not actually playable. Its far too slow at the min. Hopefully an update will come out soon.
<<

z0oinks

Post Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:45 am

brentbizzle wrote:I just downloaded from our Wiipack gen and tested it with a super smash bros rom, a z64 file. I had no trouble loading.

Playable:

Goldeneye 007
Mission Impossible
Duke Nukem 64
Wave Race
Aeroguage
1080 Snowboarding
Mario Kart 64
Killer Instinct Gold
Rampage Universal Tour
Turok dinosaur Hunter
Super Smash bros
Mortal Kombat Trilogy
F-1 Pole Position
Super Mario 64
Rampage World Tour
Kirby 64

kirby 64 and mario kart 64 work...barely..the land jumps.....

buble bobble 2 (arcade version) is probably one of the least jumpy games IVE seen for this emu
<<

brentbizzle

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks received: 15 times

Post Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:12 am

The version that is out is not meant to be 100%, so stop complaining about the way it functions. It's a work in progress.
Founding father of the Wiibrew Packgen.
About 2 noob posts away from going ape sh*t
<<

Alex Finlay

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks given: 1

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:42 pm

http://emulatemii.com This is the website making the Wii64 emulator and the WiiSx emulator (PS1 EMULATOR!) hopefally realeased SOON.
Being redone
<<

andose88

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:32 pm

To everyone's attention

I know that everyone might know this already but, when this emulator finally gets up to proper standards, everyone who's anyone who's using homebrew is going to have a field day. To me, this will be one f tue biggest moments ever in Homebrew. The guys who are currently puting this thing together I bet, are tired of hearing all these eager beavers asking when will it arrive. It'll come when it's finally perfected. The N64 because it was cartriged based and not disc based like the PS1 made it really different to program. Now as for an emulator imitating what the original N64 did, and for the "Wii" might I add, you'd have to imagine that would be difficult to accomplish. What's available now is the best one for the Wii so far. Only time will tell when this thing gets finished. I also hope that alot of people will appreciate the hard work and effort put into this difficult project. I know I will. To whoever is developing this emulator you may not read this or ever hear about this particular post bt, thanks for all your hard work for what we have today and what we could possibly have in the future. Much, much appreciated. :D :D :D
One Day, We Will Meet Again... Next Time Bring Some Breathmints.
<<

Flower9

Post Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:01 am

Re: Wii64

Hello, guys! If you're keen to know more about the life of great people. this source is the best one to follow and find out plenty of amazing facts you've never heard http://bigpaperwriter.com/blog/benjamin-franklin-essay
Next

Return to Wii Help & Tutorials