This tutorial will teach you the basics of how to redeem you're wii points card, and be able to download games with it onto you're Nintendo Wii© System.
I will be using my 2000 Wii Points Card to download Sonic the Hedgehog, and Super Mario 64. It was worth $25+tax at EBGames.
Lets get this tutorial started.
Redeeming You're Wii Points
On you're Wii Menu will be the Shop Channell. Click onto it varying from the image below:
2) You will then need an internet connection (lynksys router should do fine).
3) If you have completed you're internet connection setup (on the manual of you're Wii©)
then please go to the next step and connect to the Shop Channell Interface like so:
4) You should then be asked to go to a screen which asks for credit card (debit) or to redeem you're wii points card. Since we are using the wii points card, go to the following:
A Closer Look:
5) To add Wii Points to you're Wii©. click the "Add Wii Points" button.
6) Now is the time to add in you're wii points activation number. It should look as though on the back of you're wii points card:
7) You should then come to a screen to punch in the numbers. Since you have done this previously before (on the internet connection setup for example) this should be no problem.
Press Okay Afterwards.
Downloading Games Onto You're Wii© System
There is nothing in WiiWare, so we will go to the Virtual Console button.
Now click on the "List Alphabetically" button.
9) Once done, we will now want to download Sonic the Hedghog And Super Mario 64 (Sega Genesis and Nintendo 64)
To do so, click on either one:
Afterwards, click the Download Button to download it onto you're Wii© system.
Wait until its finished downloading.
10) By pressing the "Home" button, we can now go back to the Wii Menu. Voila! We have Super Mario 64 and Sonic The Hedgehog On Our Wii!
You must either use the virtual console controller, or the nintendo gamecube controller for playback. The wiimote can not be used for retro games.