Forum    News    Downloads    Saved Games

Eboots(im new :P)

<<

Alastor

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Sat May 26, 2007 5:29 pm

Eboots(im new :P)

ok...im REALLY confused about this whole Eboot stuff....allright..there is this PS1 game i absolutely love, Chrono Cross! i was curious so i searched Chrono Cross into the search engine on the Torrent Client i have, and Chrono Cross Eboots pop up...i was just wondering, what are eboots? and, how can i use them? i whant to play Chrono Cross on my PSP(getting it soon) but the thing is, how can i use it? i have heard something on the lines of:"you have to use security holes, like the ones in GTA"....well, you see....i dont wanna freackin buy GTA! i dont want a huge hastle! i know there are EbootLoaders, im guessing they alow you to use Eboots? right? you just DL an EbootLoader onto your PSP, and that will activate Eboot files? huh?(i stand to be corrected)
<<

D3ViLsAdvocate

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Location: ----New Jersey PSP Status:Dead & Gone PS3 Status:Paper Weight PS4 Status:mmm

Thanks given: 3 times

Thanks received: 21 times

Post Sun May 27, 2007 5:40 am

What firmware is your PSP?
ImageImage
<<

Alastor

Post Sun May 27, 2007 11:35 am

um...well, you see i already mentioned that i dont have a PSP yet, but i know im getting oen for sure...does it matter which firmware you have? i mean, i could understand if you have to have a certain EbootLoader version...
<<

.Yunoko

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 3 times

Post Sun May 27, 2007 11:56 am

You need to have a custom firmware to be able to do this sorry. Plus i have heard they are making 4.xx psp's so hopefully you do not get one of those.
<<

gman

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks received: 6 times

Post Tue May 29, 2007 7:29 pm

try to find a psp with v3.03 or lower if lucky 1.5
ʛᴟλאּ
<<

ReQuieM

Post Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:21 am

Hey I've been outta the home brew game for a bit and I've just DLd a EBoot for an old game I loved. But I can't get it to work? All I got was a folder and an EBoot file from the torrent. IIRC I need to make an identical folder with a % at the end? It didn't work for some reason...

I have a PSP with 1.5

The game is Crusader - No Remorse.

I'm on an intel mac, so I'd prefer a Mac solution if possible, if not, I can do PC

Please help :)
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 18 times

Post Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:25 am

ReQuieM - next time make a new topic for a new problem. Anyways, I think your problem is that you downloaded a version 1.00 eboot. If you simply make another folder with a % it will not work. What you need to do, is use a tool like SeiPSPtool, to convert the eboot from version 1.00 to 1.50. Just google, "download seipsptool" and you'll find it.

-DarkPacMan77-
D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Try shaking the salt harder onto your tongue.
<<

ReQuieM

Post Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:32 am

Yeha sorry, I actualy did just after. My Bad sorry.

I'm pretty sure I tried using my old copy of sei but I didn't try and 'upgrade it'. I'll try find an updated version of sei and give that a bash. Thanx heaps!
<<

rebadurant

Post Thu Apr 14, 2022 2:11 am

Re: Eboots(im new :P)

I'd prefer a Mac solution if possible, if not, I can do PC

Return to PSP Help