<<

pqumsieh

Young Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:14 pm

PSP Mechanical Problems?

Hey guys,

I have been having a few problems with my psp lately. there se ems to be a series of events that occur that ultimately ruin the playability of my psp. first, my analog joy stick stops responding, following that I cannot turn off the psp using the off/on switch. this requires me to pull out the battery in order to turn the thing off. so any game that requires an anolog joy stick becomes unplayable for me. also, since the game cannot just be turned off without hard resetting, i can't just leave a game whenever i want, i have to make sure i save it before i leave or else any new progression made is lost.

anyone else facinga similar problem? is there a solution? the mother board number is IC1003

thanks in advance,

PQ
<<

The Cookie Monster

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 9 times

Thanks received: 54 times

Post Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:03 pm

Re: PSP Mechanical Problems?

Are you using CFW?

whenever that has happened to me it has been a problem with the game, mostly if it is a CSO file...I guess because the PSP is trying to open something that was taken out with when the game was compressed, or it is just bad compression.
-Formerly DCM
<<

pqumsieh

Young Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:17 am

i am using cfw, 5.50 gen-d3 but i just updated to it yesterday. i think it may be something to do with the software because the anolog works fine for hte first few minutes and then just randomly stops. i also found a really interesting connection between the problems. when the analog stick goes down it also prevents me from turning the psp off normally, when the analog starts working again so does the psps ability to turn off.

i'm trying to figure out if i need to replace the joystick, but i'm thinking I dont and that its likely a software rather than hardware problem.

Cheers,

PQ
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 195 times

Thanks received: 51 times

Post Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:03 pm

Sounds like it's just a coincidence or you have multiple loose ribbons within your PSP. If you're experienced, you can disassemble your PSP and make sure all the connections are secure. But, if you don't think you can save your ol' PSP, maybe it's time for an upgrade? I know not everyone has money, but it may be worth the cost.

Return to PSP Help