Forum    News    Downloads    Saved Games

Completely New to Homebrew, Have A Few Questions.

<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 195 times

Thanks received: 51 times

Post Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:02 pm

First of all, Hey!!!
I'm glad you're not emo. Emo's suck. Secondly, I'm happy to see someone using proper grammar.
Okay, soo....
1) Yes, you're in luck! I have the Slim model, too, and it does everything the first PSP can do, now.
2) You need to run a custom firmware that will allow you to play all homebrew and all officially released games. It used to be back in the ol' days you could run multiple (like dualbooting a computer) or you could run a program called DevHook to run a more recent official firmware.
3) They usually do the trick. However, there are times when it won't help you. Those times are very rare. It's relatively safe to enable your PSP to run homebrew and install custom firmware. Once custom firmware is on your PSP, if you happen to brick your PSP, there's a recovery menu that you can usually still access by a button combo at start-up. There's many uses of it including unbricking your PSP.
4) Actually, the UMD is 1.6 GB and some are bigger than that. There's programs out there where you can move the information over to your Memory Stick and you can just go and play it. Other times, you need to hook your PSP up to your computer, drag the disk image over and move it to the memory card. These are pretty easy to do, but again, you'll need custom firmware to do it.
5) People really don't get the PSP for music and thusly, there are few programs out there for listening to music. I know there's supposed to be an official one coming out soon, or maybe it's an update, that allows the music visualizations and coverflow and crap to look prettier.

Here's my personal must-have list:
ChildBeGone
PSPTube
CSPSP
Stakker PSP
Box Head PSP Style
Tetriabetes (Tetris)
Anti-Tetris
Pipeline
QQManto
beaverzpsp
Geometry World
Sushi RUBIK
SNES9XTYL0.4.2mecm
VirtuaMUnstaz
Smarcyclem
PSP Filer
eLoader
<<

airplanes18

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 19 times

Thanks received: 8 times

Post Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:15 pm

welcome.

Im the sites unofficial official renter, and ill rant you sick of mac, so heres what ill say and ill make it short

macs suck all the products are useless and difficult to use. they are definently harder to hack, so all your friends saying upgrade, are dumb. this PSP will one up them so hard, there crappy itouch will explode.

check some tutorials for hacking that thing and i BEG YOU use M33. its the best ever custom firmware. dont lapse into the mac coma sweeping all idiot people. if your smart, this will have you popular and increase your intelligence, not saying your done.

but yeah welcome. if u have any questions im here along with everyone else (and no im not on the staff)
if you decide to stay on the forums, i would LOVE another member to talk with.

hope i swayed you!
Billy Mays is STILL my Hero.
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 195 times

Thanks received: 51 times

Post Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:28 pm

Yes, Mac's suck but the iPhone is awesome. (iTouch sucks, too.)
However, the whole point of this thread is should he upgrade?
No- Keep your PSP Slim. Update it's firmware to 5.00 M33-6. That's the best custom firmware that's compatible with everything.
<<

The Cookie Monster

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 9 times

Thanks received: 54 times

Post Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:58 am

crait wrote:Yes, Mac's suck but the iPhone is awesome. (iTouch sucks, too.)
However, the whole point of this thread is should he upgrade?
No- Keep your PSP Slim. Update it's firmware to 5.00 M33-6. That's the best custom firmware that's compatible with everything.

Hell, it is the best firmware... but patching every single game manually sucks
-Formerly DCM

Return to PSP Help