Forum    News    Downloads    Saved Games

Unable to enter any text and VSH Menu gets stuck!

<<

deMunoid

Young Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:06 pm

Unable to enter any text and VSH Menu gets stuck!

Hello,

Im having a problem with my PSP Slim.
I used to have GEN-A and was having a problem playing the Japanese Demo for the new Metal Gear Game so I was told to go into Flash and modify something in there so I would be able to play.

Well after doing this I was able to play the game but noticed that I was unable to enter in any kind of text!! Wep Key, nickname etc.

I dont remember exactly what I did before that may have caused this so I read somewhere that it could be that I needed to recover flash 0 and flash1 to fix this. I dont know what I have to do in order to recover this but I was told that if I upgrade firmware that it would recover flash.

I read about the new GEN-D and so I installed it but I am still unable to enter any text.
Also the VSH menu comes up when I press Select but if I hit Exit on the VSH menu it gets stuck and if I press the HOME button while in a game I am unable to move the icon to YES. It stays on NO and the selector box does not flash. I am still able to press HOME to go back to my game though.

Anyone have a similar problem and know how I would be able to fix this? Any information is greatly appreciated!!
<<

The Cookie Monster

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 9 times

Thanks received: 54 times

Post Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:20 pm

but hey, gen-d isnt like m33, so u SHOULD NOT get a menu when u press select.. anyways go into the recovery menu, and then reset flash 1, that should start ur psps firmware as if u just installed psp gen-d
-Formerly DCM
<<

deMunoid

Young Brewer

Post Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:25 pm

I was able to get the VSH menu to come up by configuring it to come up in the recover menu (holding R)
Should I have not done that?
It still gets stuck though..

Also I reset the settings on flash 1 but when it get to the part to enter my nickname I cant.. and I cant get online either because the menu comes up and goes back off preventing me from entering anything.

I remember I was on a forum and someone had posted how to modify flash or something to make it so I can play MGS Peacewalker. I think this might be what I was told to enter.. can someone tell me if this might have messed this up?

release:5.50:
build:3062,0,3,1,0:builder@vsh-build6
system:50781@release_550,0x05050010:
vsh:p6399@release_550,v50953@release_550,20090415:
target:1:WorldWide

I DID modify something with Flash0 to include above..

I found the info here..
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread. ... 073&page=7

I cant make heads or tails from the info as I just want it to go back to the way it was!!
Anyone able to help?
<<

airplanes18

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 19 times

Thanks received: 8 times

Post Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:35 pm

id say just pandora your way to 5.00m33-4 and update to m33-6. so what if it old, it works better then any gen hen or anything.
Billy Mays is STILL my Hero.
<<

deMunoid

Young Brewer

Post Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:52 pm

I think that is what I will have to do to see if the problem will be fixed.
Is it possible to use the option that comes with the GEN-D updater to create a pandora?

Also, I remember there being a download where I could run it on my PC and it would create the magic memstick automaticly.. anyone point me in the direct of the program?

Thanks again

I used Pandora and downgraded to 3.71m33 and without upgrading or anything I tried to change my nickname and the menu that comes up to allow me to enter in text flashes on the screen then it reverts back to the menu.. -_- still no change.. anyone have this problem?

Don't double post. -ace
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 5 times

Thanks received: 10 times

Post Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:55 pm

I had a similar problem with my old psp about the vsh menu. I could open it and change stuff but my psp would freeze.
If your problem is like mine then u can't fix it by upgrading or messing with the flash. Or at least I couldn't fix it.
<<

The Cookie Monster

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 9 times

Thanks received: 54 times

Post Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:08 am

AdventWolf wrote:I had a similar problem with my old psp about the vsh menu. I could open it and change stuff but my psp would freeze.
If your problem is like mine then u can't fix it by upgrading or messing with the flash. Or at least I couldn't fix it.

then what did u do, my friend had this problem so he traded his PSP for a DS and we all laughed at him.. and i am pretty sure DeMunoid would want to do that either
-Formerly DCM
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 5 times

Thanks received: 10 times

Post Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:39 pm

I never fixed it.

Return to PSP Help