Forum    News    Downloads    Saved Games

Running 3.71 M33-2 (Should I Upgrade? -- And How)

<<

Pee$Pee

Young Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:36 am

Running 3.71 M33-2 (Should I Upgrade? -- And How)

This may be a stupid question but just like the subject says. I've been outta the PSP scene for a while and thought I'd try to get back into things so please excuse any dumb questions. I have the old gen PSP running 3.71 M33-2 and just recently saw alex recently release 5.00 M33-6. I'm wondering if I should upgrade and what are the benefits. My main concern really is just being able to play PSX games on it and the brews as well as throwing in an occasional umd.

Also, from my current firmware, could I upgrade directly to 5.00 M33-6 directly using the instructions provided or must I do something else? Any help and advice would be much appreciated everyone. Thanks in advance
<<

que13x

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 1

Thanks received: 6 times

Post Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:24 am

Well the decision to upgrade or not to upgrade is really up to you and the UMDs you decide to play. Certain games may require you to upgrade and so to play them you would have no choice but to do so.

As for what each firmware revision adds in capabilities, you can use search just as easily as I could, you could start at the news section on this home page or you could try a little research on google.

To upgrade 3.71 M33 the procedure is easy. You can go one step at a time by loading CFW 4.00 and then 5.00. You will need official versions for these firmwares as well to build up your files, just follow the instructions that come with the CFW version you wish to upgrade to. Or you could get DC8 from Dark Alex site and it will take you straight to 5.0 CFW.
The programmers you will one day be looking to hire are the ones reading the tech news sites right now.

And they will remember...

~George Hotz @ $ony

Return to PSP Help