Hard/Soft modding Phat Battery

<<

Shadow345

Young Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:13 am

Hard/Soft modding Phat Battery

I started my homebrew venture by buying a slim battery which I hard modded and busted. My friend bought a second battery which i successfully hard modded. I first attempted my psp, and we were so fascinated and amazed that it actually worked, and so i continued to hack all my friends psp's.

However, some of my friends have psp Phats. One friend said they would at their own expense buy a phat battery so I can homebrew their psp's.

However I'm not 100% confident in hacking a phat psp, I ask, is there anything I should know? I also have a few other questions:

1. I'm interested in hard modding the phat battery, however if I was going to do this, I would like to put a switch on the battery, how much harder is it than a slim battery?

2. If I soft mod a Phat battery, can I do this using my CFW Slim ? (If so, what is required, or recommended to do so?)

3. I want to redo my magic stick. Any recommended easy installer? (My current magic stick provides no menu and shows nothing on the screen when in use.) I need one that works on both, psp slim and phat, fits on a 256mb card, and preferably comes up with a menu or comes with a link providing instructions.
<<

que13x

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 1

Thanks received: 6 times

Post Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:39 am

1. Adding a switch isn't that hard if you have all the right tools and small enough wire. I strongly recommend a softmod however because it is just as easy to reverse a softmod as it is to flip a switch.

2. You can put your Phat battery in your slim and softmod it. I used a program called "Pandora Battery Creator". (Follow instructions, take your time, read carefully)

3. http://psp.brewology.com/forum/viewtopi ... 08&start=0
The programmers you will one day be looking to hire are the ones reading the tech news sites right now.

And they will remember...

~George Hotz @ $ony
<<

Shadow345

Young Brewer

Post Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:28 pm

Ok, I'm a little confused.

The link you gave me, what is it exactly? The current magic stick I have installs 3.71-m33 when used with my current pandora, but the instructions were to just press buttons, remove, then repeat, and it seems to work. I want something similar to this, but enters a menu after placing the pandora into the psp with options such as; dump current firmware, install custom firmware or such and such.

Or do you HAVE to downgrade to 1.5 with Phats? If so, will the same hack work with a slim.

From what I see, the link you gave me is how to turn a psp phat battery into a Pandora whilst you use your magic stick to install 1.50? Or is that just the process of making the phat battery into a pandora for the first time?

Is there a tutorial that shows only how to change a battery into a Pandora? I don't really wanna downgrade my psp slim to 1.5 just to convert the battery.

Sorry, I really am confused.

I think i'll just Hard Mod the battery, I'm fairly confident that I can. However, this still leaves me clueless about a magic stick hack installer that works for both slims and phat psps.
<<

que13x

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:09 pm

Well I strongly recommend a battery soft mod if you have the option. That way you won't have to slice open your battery case and you can reverse the process with a few button presses instead of using a solder iron.

But it is your PSP so do what you wish.

I misunderstood what you meant by easy installer, sorry. Go to Dark Alex site and get a version of Despertar del Cementerio. DC8 is the latest version of this program it can be found on Dark Alex site.

Your Slim won't run 1.5 unless you load Time Machine. I don't use that software so I can't help you with it. Otherwise your slim will need to be on 3.52 or better to run DC8.

The tutorial I recommended runs you through the entire procedure on how to create your magic memory stick and Pandora battery. IF you already have a magic stick then you only need find the battery creator software, put it on your stick and follow the tutorial from line 21. There are other tutorials in the tutorial section if this one is not to your liking but I thought it was a good one.
The programmers you will one day be looking to hire are the ones reading the tech news sites right now.

~George Hotz @ $ony
<<

Shadow345

Young Brewer

Post Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:20 pm

que13x wrote:Well I strongly recommend a battery soft mod if you have the option. That way you won't have to slice open your battery case and you can reverse the process with a few button presses instead of using a solder iron.

But it is your PSP so do what you wish.

I misunderstood what you meant by easy installer, sorry. Go to Dark Alex site and get a version of Despertar del Cementerio. DC8 is the latest version of this program it can be found on Dark Alex site.

Your Slim won't run 1.5 unless you load Time Machine. I don't use that software so I can't help you with it. Otherwise your slim will need to be on 3.52 or better to run DC8.

The tutorial I recommended runs you through the entire procedure on how to create your magic memory stick and Pandora battery. IF you already have a magic stick then you only need find the battery creator software, put it on your stick and follow the tutorial from line 21. There are other tutorials in the tutorial section if this one is not to your liking but I thought it was a good one.

Sweet, thanks, I done a little extra research and I know everything I need too!
<<

Shadow345

Young Brewer

Post Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:14 am

Well, thanks, but after all this.. I just used my slim battery pandora to hack my friends phat. Just shoved the charger in his psp, tilted my pandora into the connecters and wham! It worked :3
<<

que13x

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:58 pm

You were lucky. The newer slim batteries won't Pandora.

~George Hotz @ $ony

Return to PSP Help