Forum    News    Downloads    Saved Games

Downgrade or Downdate...?

<<

Gepeto

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:52 pm

Downgrade or Downdate...?

LOL, sorry for my stupid question but i realy wanna know if there is any diference from Downgrading and Downdating...
if i want to change my PSP firmware of 2.6 to 1.5 i should look for a downgrader or a downdater.....
thnx a lot and sorry about my question!
<<

D3ViLsAdvocate

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Location: ----New Jersey PSP Status:Dead & Gone PS3 Status:Paper Weight PS4 Status:mmm

Thanks given: 3 times

Thanks received: 21 times

Post Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:26 pm

Just download this file via this link http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/605 , and just follow the easy instructions when you launch the program.
ImageImage
<<

im_on_teh_computer

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:55 pm

Don't restart your PSP when it tells you to no matter what though! It will tell you to reset your PSP when it is finished downgrading, but there is no visual aspect to the downgrade, so it is just guesswork. But your PSP WILL restart on it's own if you let it be. I guess some people on the QJ forums bricked their PSP's because they didn't know when it was finished downgrading because all you can see is the flashing memory stick light. SO PLEASE DON'T RESTART YOUR PSP WHEN IT IS FINISHED BECAUSE IT WILL ON IT'S OWN!!! Sorry for the urgency but a bricked PSP is just so sad.
Back, and playing with my "zompsp".
<<

Mailas

Post Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:21 pm

You can un brick a psp you know.
<<

im_on_teh_computer

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:31 pm

If you have 1.5 and use a custom firmware you can unbrick it, not if you are downgrading. You can't unbrick a PSP missing it's major PRX's either, but there isn't really anything out there that accesses them. So if you downgrade while it is overwriting your major PRX's, then like everyone else with a brick, you can have a nice $250 coaster or a paper weight.
Back, and playing with my "zompsp".
<<

D3ViLsAdvocate

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Location: ----New Jersey PSP Status:Dead & Gone PS3 Status:Paper Weight PS4 Status:mmm

Thanks given: 3 times

Thanks received: 21 times

Post Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:37 pm

Come to think of it I do need a new coaster...
ImageImage

Return to PSP Tutorials