que13x

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 1

Thanks received: 6 times

Post Thu May 13, 2010 6:44 am

How to kill a brand

Check this vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R98qC0fd_1w

Phill Harrison is an unqualified douche!
The programmers you will one day be looking to hire are the ones reading the tech news sites right now.

And they will remember...

~George Hotz @ $ony
<<

TheTyler0013

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Location: I am a ninja, I pop in at certain times and locations.

Thanks received: 9 times

Post Thu May 13, 2010 9:59 am

=D lol i loved that video.

i remember working at gamestop when PS3 was released. got a call the morning of midnight launch and the PS3 litterally caught on fire. Kid made a video of him unboxing and playing the PS3 and WOOOOOO fire burts out of it. no joke. there was other reported cases of the same thing. and to all the PS3 fanboys yes I know we have RRoD and STILL do but my system never turned in to freddy kruger. lol
<<

airplanes18

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 19 times

Thanks received: 8 times

Post Thu May 13, 2010 1:42 pm

you know the only system (and company) yet to have a system fail in hardware? Nintendo. bag all you like, the wii doesnt break on its own, nor did ANY system nintendo has ever made.

my friend has the PS2 slim that would catch on fire XD
Billy Mays is STILL my Hero.
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 18 times

Post Thu May 13, 2010 2:05 pm

airplanes18 wrote:you know the only system (and company) yet to have a system fail in hardware? Nintendo. bag all you like, the wii doesnt break on its own, nor did ANY system nintendo has ever made.

my friend has the PS2 slim that would catch on fire XD

Nintendo, Atari, Panasonic, Sega, Atari, and countless others had good game systems that "didn't break". It isn't really until all of the newer stuff that displaces a lot of heat come around that we see game systems failing so rapidly, and none of the many predecessors of our modern gaming systems had any problems because they either A.) didn't output a damaging amount of heat or B.) rerouted the heat safely out of the console efficiently.

-DarkPacMan77-
D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Try shaking the salt harder onto your tongue.
<<

TheTyler0013

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Location: I am a ninja, I pop in at certain times and locations.

Thanks received: 9 times

Post Thu May 13, 2010 5:42 pm

DarkPacMan77 wrote:
................................. It isn't really until all of the newer stuff that displaces a lot of heat come around that we see game systems failing so rapidly, and none of the many predecessors of our modern gaming systems had any problems because they either A.) didn't output a damaging amount of heat or B.) rerouted the heat safely out of the console efficiently.

-DarkPacMan77-

I honestly can say that i swear microsoft. purposely makes the 360 RRoD. i mean a 5v fan for all that heat? and only on set of fans. a crappy Mobo cage that causes flexing (a) (providing reference pic) Crappy X-clamps that help with the flexing God.

I mean I can fix Most RRoD errors. by making the Mobo level. and reflowing the Chips. its not that big of a prob and an easy fix IMO.

I think Microsoft needs to go back to drawing board. with there Mobo. unless this baby is the better Mobo (b)

(a)

(b)
<<

que13x

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks received: 6 times

Post Thu May 13, 2010 7:44 pm

airplanes18 wrote:you know the only system (and company) yet to have a system fail in hardware? Nintendo. bag all you like, the wii doesnt break on its own, nor did ANY system nintendo has ever made.

I bought a release Wii. I had to send it back because the video card failed. At least they replaced it for free. Guess I was an isolated case.
The programmers you will one day be looking to hire are the ones reading the tech news sites right now.

And they will remember...

~George Hotz @ $ony
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 5 times

Thanks received: 10 times

Post Fri May 14, 2010 8:33 am

Yeah that song is hilarious haha, it's a few years old now at least.

Though one thing with Nintendo is they have disc read errors. That was a pretty common complaint I found on the GameCube, both GameCubes that I had would have problems so I had to reboot and clean the inside to get it to work.

Return to General Chat