Help, I need to update

<<

swimzen

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Mon May 03, 2010 4:45 pm

Help, I need to update

Hello.

I have been using homebrew since I first bought my wii several years ago. The last time I did anything was back when the Zelda twilight hack was first found. I have not updated since 4.0U. I did this upgrade with Waninko (spelling?). Now I need to update again because I purchased THe Beatles Rock Band and it is requiring me too. I would like to update so I can run this game, but still keep the homebrew channel.

Also, I have not been able to access the Wii Shop Channel because that too needs to be updated. This has been a problem for a while, but I have not posted about it until now.

A third question, can the homebrew channel be copied to an SDHC card? And then put back onto the wii?

Obviously, I have not followed the homebrew changes over the past 18 - 24 months, and I am sure alot has occured since the last time I have attempted any changes. When I logged into the homebrew channel it asked me to update from verision 1.0.0 to 1.0.6, so I did. But now I cannot access the Homebrew browser because I receive ERROR! (ret = -1), my guess is that I need to add a file to the SDHC card, but I am not sure what file I need to add to access the browser.

I have used the search function for this forum and I have tried to find the answers to all these questions, but there is so much information I am unsure what pertains exactly to me and what does not. (So, please do not flame SEARCH).

To sum things up, I want to update my wii in some fashion so that I can play The Beatles, use the shop channel, yet still keep the homebrew channel and still be able to access all of my loaded games/roms. I also want to be able to access the homebrew browser which is no longer available after updating to version 1.0.6.

Thank you.
<<

swimzen

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Mon May 03, 2010 7:43 pm

Find a great guide

http://www.wiilovemario.com/The-most-up-to-date-Wii-Homebrew-and-Backup-tutorials-known-to-mankind/ <-- That guide answered all my questions, got me to 4.2 with homebrew channel still available. Plus it updated my Wii shop channel

Return to Wii Help & Tutorials