Forum    News    Downloads    Saved Games

I NEED HELP/ADVICE GUYS!!

<<

Abed23

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:27 am

I NEED HELP/ADVICE GUYS!!

I modded my Wii earlier this year using Softmii 2.1 ( I believe I'm on firmware 3.2). Its been working great but I would like to upgrade the mod since I noticed a lot of the newer games (GH5, Beatles Rock Band, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2) will not load. Now, I'm not a total NOOB but I'm definitely not an expert so please bear with me. I tried upgrading the HBC to 1.5 from 1.0 via the globe icon on the bottom right but I keep getting an error that says my IOS won't allow it. I'm pretty confused with IOS's, cIOS's and how they work so what do you guys think would be the best way for me to upgrade? I did manage to get the HBC up to 1.3 and installed DVDX but when I try to upgrade HBC to 1.5 I get errors on the compatability test that my IOS is not boot2 (something like that). I'd like to get to 4.1 or 4.2 depending on what is recommended.

The problem with me me is that the Softmii mod pack made it so easy for me to mod that I just followed all the directions and it worked! Now I'm trying to update the mod and I'm lost as to what each piece of the mod pack did/does.

Any help, or point in the right direction, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
<<

Alex Finlay

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks given: 1

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:13 pm

Firstly boot2v4 isn't a Ios. (Input/Output system) Its Literaly just that a Boot, Boot0-Boot1-Boot2 are what first boot when you turn on your wii.
Also do you know the Error codes if so that would help alot. Also find out for sure what firmware you are on by clicking your wii settings it should be in the Top Right hand corner in the settings, This information is needed to help you.
Also u said you got your Wii Earlier this year, did you buy it from the store or from a mate if so you probaly have a fixed boot1 + boot2v4+ which is why u have a modchip in the first place.
Also i cannot help with your modchip problems much as i never had a modchip or the need to get one.
Im not sure why Homebrew doesn't update your best bet would just to get the actual 1 from the site.
http://Hackmii.com
Also i would suggest making sure your wireless/wired internet connection is initialised before you try to update.
Also i wouldn't recommend updating to 4.2 even if you have a modchip as it installs latest boot2v4 and etr etr, Also Kills Homebrew unless you have 1.5, Can easily get it back its just a pain.
Being redone
<<

Abed23

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:39 pm

Thanks for the reply Alex and I'm sorry I misinformed you but I meant I soft-modded my Wii so I do not have a modchip. It was purchased at a Gamestop. I told you I was still a NOOB! Anyway, the firmware is indeed 3.2U and the error message I get when I try to update the HBC online is "There is no usable IOS for the channel". I get that for HBC and DVDX. Under Bootmii it says "The installed boot1 version prevents a boot2 install(-2)".

Across the top it says: "HackMii Installer 0.5
Using IOS versions Installer:15, HBC:0, DVDX:0".

Now, when I said earlier that I managed to get the HBC to 1.3 from 1.0 I did that using the Trucha Bug Restorer to downgrade the IOS to IOS15 from IOS36. That way it allowed me to update HBC and DVDX but it wouldn't allow bootmii to be updated.

Am I on the right track? Thanks again for your help.
<<

Alex Finlay

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks given: 1

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:35 am

You have the unbugged boot1 so you cannot install Bootmii into nand, Your best bet would be IOS also, you should never need it if you arn't going to mess around alot.
Install Preloader 0.30 the latest version and Do not Delete IOS 60-61 ever it will result in a full Brick. (I knows i has Gramma mistakes)
Also Softmii has a tutorial in their forums.
http://gamingexposed.com/
Also if you need more help i recommend Going onto the irc server irc.freenode.net
and connecting to #GamingExposed and #Cios
Helped alot of people, Also the makers of softmii are in there.
Thanks, Alex.
Being redone

Return to Wii Help & Tutorials