Forum    News    Downloads    Saved Games

probs w/DVD playback & how do I run wii DVD backups?

<<

dhabell

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:54 am

probs w/DVD playback & how do I run wii DVD backups?

I have a LU63 wii running Ver. 4.0U. I successfully performed the bannerbomb exploit (I think) with HackMii. I have the homebrew channel installed. I installed DVDx. I did not install BootMii.

On the HackMii v0.3 installer screen it says Im using IOS versions: installer 34, HBC 61, DVDx 36

I tried using a couple different versions of mPlayer so I can watch DVD's on my wii. It didnt work. Then I tried installing the 2 different versions of DVDx I found on the Homebrew Browser and reinstalling mPlayer. That didnt work either. When I try to use mplayer I get some error message about DVD stubs or something... Can someone please help?

Also I want to be able to run NGC and Wii backups from DVD. I also want to create my own backups from Wii discs I already own. please help?

so here are my problems:
1. dvd playback is not working
2. how do I run dvd backups (wii and ngc)?
3. how do I create wii dvd backups?

thank you! and yes Im a noob and looked for FAQs and stickies first
<<

Alex Finlay

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks given: 1

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:55 pm

Are help after you answer this, When did you get your wii. Do you know what boot version it is.
What System menu are you on.
Also WHY DID YOU NOT INSTALL BOOTMII. No offence thats just silly if you can install it like 30 million lucky people why not, its brickproof protection.
Thanks, Alex.
I can do all what your talking about so its easy for me to help.
Also, NGC? no clue. Also you to create the wii Disc Backups, you need the .iso File, Then i suggest burning it to a DVD9, DVDRam disc, as they have a good amount of space.
Being redone
<<

dhabell

Post Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:53 pm

Alex Finlay wrote:Are help after you answer this, When did you get your wii. Do you know what boot version it is.
What System menu are you on.
Also WHY DID YOU NOT INSTALL BOOTMII. No offence thats just silly if you can install it like 30 million lucky people why not, its brickproof protection.
Thanks, Alex.
I can do all what your talking about so its easy for me to help.
Also, NGC? no clue. Also you to create the wii Disc Backups, you need the .iso File, Then i suggest burning it to a DVD9, DVDRam disc, as they have a good amount of space.

1. got the wii earlier this year, not sure of exact date.
2. boot version? Idk what that means its LU63 if thats what you mean
3. the menu is 4.0U
4. I didnt install BootMii cuz Im new at this and didnt know what it did. I didnt think I would need it. I dont
know how to use it. I thought it might be hard to set up. I thought it might INCREASE my chances of bricking. (I guess Ill
install it)
5. NGC = Nintendo Game Cube

Thanks for the Help. Ive posted in other forums on other sites and youre the first to offer any meaningful help. Youre the Man!
<<

Alex Finlay

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks given: 1

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:08 am

Ok, I don't use NGC backups so i cannot help but i recommend something like IMGBurn, and you burn the Iso's to disc, Please install bootmii if you can, i have a supsission you cannot as you bought it earlier this year, so i would suggest you install preloader, But DO NOT UNINSTALL YOUR SYSTEMMENU IOS! If you do that with preloader, its 100% Fullbrick, no more wii, no more hacking, NO MORE FUNZYS!
Also, i think you may not be able to downgrade so you may need to install the trucha bug.
Also by backups, i would recommend using USB backup loaders, as personaly they don't burn out your wii's LED(whatever lol)
And you only using it once to burn the discs in the first place.
If your use you want to use backups loaders use NeoGamma
Also, i have a feeling you won't be able to install bootmii as NaND, so Install it as a ISO(Requires GameCube Controller)
Thanks, Alex.
Being redone
<<

dhabell

Post Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:06 am

Alex Finlay wrote:Ok, I don't use NGC backups so i cannot help but i recommend something like IMGBurn, and you burn the Iso's to disc, Please install bootmii if you can, i have a supsission you cannot as you bought it earlier this year, so i would suggest you install preloader, But DO NOT UNINSTALL YOUR SYSTEMMENU IOS! If you do that with preloader, its 100% Fullbrick, no more wii, no more hacking, NO MORE FUNZYS!
Also, i think you may not be able to downgrade so you may need to install the trucha bug.
Also by backups, i would recommend using USB backup loaders, as personaly they don't burn out your wii's LED(whatever lol)
And you only using it once to burn the discs in the first place.
If your use you want to use backups loaders use NeoGamma
Also, i have a feeling you won't be able to install bootmii as NaND, so Install it as a ISO(Requires GameCube Controller)
Thanks, Alex.

ok thanks!

Im pretty sure I can handle bootmii by myself. what does it do again?

so can you point me on where to find the trucha thing? and NeoGamma?

also can you point me to a tutorial on how to install trucha and NeoGamma

and a tutorial on making my own DVD backups...

Return to Wii Help & Tutorials