Forum    News    Downloads    Saved Games

Wiil this brick my wii?

<<

agenthotdog

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:13 am

Wiil this brick my wii?

I got my wii when it first came out years ago, and i have since installed hbc beta 9 on it, if i update it to the newest version, will that brick my wii, and if i update it, can i downgrade it if i wanted to back to beta 9, or do i have to uninstall it and re-install it? I got wii menu version 3.3 now i beleive.
<<

Alex Finlay

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks given: 1

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:07 am

Use Bootmii installer, and as u have one of the oldest wiis, Install bootmii as nand, backup, then your be safe to F**K about.
Being redone
<<

agenthotdog

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:36 pm

Great thanks, so what bootmii does is if I accidently brick my wii, i just run that and it restores the whole system? Would i have to run bootmii every time i wanted to use my wii afterwords then? And if you know how too, how would I run that software after i brick my wii? (hopefully i wont have to use it) And one more question, how do i make it a NAND file or whatever you were talking about? Thanks so much for the help in advance!

Well i have the upgrade avalibe message to 1.0.3 and it if i just click ok and follow that process, if i ONLY do the upgrade will my wii brick or have the probablity to brick? I can also install bootmii that way too, should i do that if i update it?

All i need is a savegame extractor and savegame installer app that will work on hbc beta 9, if i cant get that, then i can update if i know my wii won't brick.
<<

Alex Finlay

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks given: 1

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:16 pm

Anything changing ur nand can brick, if you turnoff/powercut through instillation, Put bootmii on first, then HBC 1.0.3
And i would recommend DVDX
Being redone

Return to Wii Help & Tutorials