Sega Saturn, Sega Genisis, and MAME

<<

Rahabib

Young Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:22 am

Sega Saturn, Sega Genisis, and MAME

MAME - We already posted the bugs with the Pack Generator and MAME. I downloaded sdlmame directly from the wiki and got it running. Unfortunately everything autoboots after the game initilizes :(. Tried with 4 different working MAME roms (verified on PC) and they all either autoboot after initilization or after it gets to the "decoding" gets to 100%. I have tried the composite cables (480i mode) as well as turning off WC24. So in short, it seems we have to wait until the next version of sdlmame or something better to use MAME. Also, as a side bug, sometimes your GC controllers wont work in the MAME menu - and it seems kind of random when it will or wont work. Its all a shame because many of the games I would like to play are best on the arcade roms rather than the equivalent ports (4 player support sucks on ports).

Sega Gensis - Your pack didn't create a genplus or genplus\roms directories. Not a big deal to fix manually but I thought you should know.

Sega Saturn (Yabause) - I copied the .iso over to the \apps\yabause\ directory and renamed the file as "game.iso" according to the instructions. When I get into the menu and choose "autoload game.iso" the screen goes black and nothing shows up. Not sure if its a bug or if I am doing something wrong.

Anyway, other than these, the pack has been a great help getting me enjoying homebrew applications. Keep up the good work.
<<

Rahabib

Young Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:25 am

oops sorry just noticed there was a suggestions thread posted for the generator pack. you can delete this thread.

Return to Wii Help & Tutorials