Forum    News    Downloads    Saved Games

Wii Pack Generator Question

<<

theimaginarylight

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:47 pm

Wii Pack Generator Question

If I apply the twilight hack and install the homebrew channel, will the channel still show up if I take out my SD card? Or does it get installed to the wii memory? What about the homebrew apps?
Also, if I want to add a new homebrew app to the channel, do I just download it and add it to my SD card?

And does anybody know how the DVD image version of homebrew channel works? Does it work the same way, except it doesn't require the twilight hack if you have a modded wii? And the apps still go on the SD card, right?

I'm gonna mod my wii in a little while, and if I already have the twilight hack installed, the modchip won't do anything to mess that up will it? Or do I have to reinstall the homebrew channel w/ the dvd image version?

Sorry about the barrage of questions...I just want everything cleared up lol.
<<

The_Hams

Young Brewer

Post Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:56 am

The channel is installed on the Wii memory, so it will still be there if you take the SD card out. The apps are stored on the SD card, though, so if you take that out, you won't have any apps. If you want to add a new app you just add it to your SD card.

I have no idea about the DVD version or modding. Sorry. :P
<<

theimaginarylight

Post Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:37 pm

Thanks Hams.

What I mainly want to know right now is if a modded wii still requires you to use the twilight hack to install the homebrew channel. Does it? Because I saw the .ISO image for the channel, and it says it is self-booting.....does that mean I have to have the DVD in every time I want to go on the hb channel?

Return to Wii Help & Tutorials