<<

Terdinglage

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:13 am

Re: I'm having the same problem...

christohai wrote:i've spent the last 4 hours trying to figure out why my homebrew channel won't load any of the games on the SD card.
my specs:

2GB SD card
3.3 firmware

I tried both manually installing and the pre-made package (nice idea by the way! ^^) and neither have worked for me. I've also reinstalled it a 3rd time with a different package set-up and in the win.exe format. If anyone has an idea on what to do, i'd greatly appreciate it.

(oh, and i've tried both the locked and the unlocked positions for all the different times so that's out as well...)

Thank you.

So you are getting the same error and have a modchip, too? This must be a compatability issue with the Homebrew Channel and modchips. Unfortunately I'm really not too intelligent in those regards , so hopefully brentbizzle has time to hop on soon and shed some light on this situation.
<<

Pooks

Post Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:07 am

"So you are getting the same error and have a modchip, too? This must be a compatability issue with the Homebrew Channel and modchips. Unfortunately I'm really not too intelligent in those regards , so hopefully brentbizzle has time to hop on soon and shed some light on this situation."

I have the same problem too. I updated my Wii last night. Then I applied the Twilight hack. I have the homebrew channel and the homebrew shows up, it just won't load. Like the OP, my Wii just sits there at 0%.

My Specs:
- Using a 2GB (probably overkill?) Sandisk micro SD card in an SD adapter shell.
- My Wii does not have a modchip in it.
- Before I started on a Vista machine, I right clicked and selected "Properties". My computer said the card was formated as "FAT".
- I've not tried reinstalling. It was late and I went to bed.
- I initially selected the "0" save file in Zelda. My system just hung. My version needed the "2" save file. After I rebooted the Wii, and selected the "2" save file, installation proceeded fine.
- I'm not sure what else to tell you, I'm a noob at this but I'm good at following directions. :-) Now that I've said that, I'm certain someone will point out something simple that I've missed/overlooked. :-P

Thanks for any help you all can offer.
<<

Terdinglage

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:33 am

Pooks wrote:"So you are getting the same error and have a modchip, too? This must be a compatability issue with the Homebrew Channel and modchips. Unfortunately I'm really not too intelligent in those regards , so hopefully brentbizzle has time to hop on soon and shed some light on this situation."

I have the same problem too. I updated my Wii last night. Then I applied the Twilight hack. I have the homebrew channel and the homebrew shows up, it just won't load. Like the OP, my Wii just sits there at 0%.

My Specs:
- Using a 2GB (probably overkill?) Sandisk micro SD card in an SD adapter shell.
- My Wii does not have a modchip in it.
- Before I started on a Vista machine, I right clicked and selected "Properties". My computer said the card was formated as "FAT".
- I've not tried reinstalling. It was late and I went to bed.
- I initially selected the "0" save file in Zelda. My system just hung. My version needed the "2" save file. After I rebooted the Wii, and selected the "2" save file, installation proceeded fine.
- I'm not sure what else to tell you, I'm a noob at this but I'm good at following directions. :-) Now that I've said that, I'm certain someone will point out something simple that I've missed/overlooked. :-P

Thanks for any help you all can offer.

Its interesting that the "0" saved file didn't work for you, I'm not sure what to make of that. I know 2gb isnt overkill, because I succesfully used a 2gb sandisk card on the latest version of the dash myself.

The only thing in common I can find between the two of you getting this error is that you're using a Sandisk micro SD card in an SD adapter shell. Is there any chance you can find a regular sandisk SD card and give it a go with that?
<<

monkeymaximus

Brewery Owner
Brewery Owner

Thanks given: 50 times

Thanks received: 40 times

Post Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:35 am

hey guys the file size too small bug has been fixed... try redownloading!

--MM
[img]https://brewology.com/images/mm/monkeymaximus.jpg[/img]
http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/8907/monkeymaximus2ph.jpg
<<

slaveunit

Young Brewer

Post Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:45 am

I have tried on 2 seperate 1 gb REAL sd cards. Not micro with the adapter. I will retry the download again though and report back.
<<

brentbizzle

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks received: 15 times

Post Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:47 am

I can't think of why it's not working... I have 3.2U on my YAOSM moded Wii, using a 2gb micro SD in SD adapter. I have never had an issue.

The homebrew channel has nothing to do with modchips. Modchips only mess with the dvd drive, so that can't be related.

To cover all bases I would try backing up your savegames and wiishop games and reformatting the Wii's drive. Then go for a fresh install of the homebrew channel. Of course a reformat of your SD card. If you can, try and get a hold of a different SD card just for kicks.

I have been using the packgen personally and most of the homebrew I have on my SD card I've downloaded from our packgen as a test, so I know that can't be the issue. I'm guessing the problem is your SD card or your Homebrew channel install.
Founding father of the Wiibrew Packgen.
About 2 noob posts away from going ape sh*t
<<

slaveunit

Young Brewer

Post Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:06 am

Yeah same thing with the new download. This error I believe is not applicable to this situation though. The error only happens when you try the EMUs. I am just trying to get Missle Command running. It still sits at 0% loading.
<<

Terdinglage

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:20 am

brentbizzle wrote:I can't think of why it's not working... I have 3.2U on my YAOSM moded Wii, using a 2gb micro SD in SD adapter. I have never had an issue.

The homebrew channel has nothing to do with modchips. Modchips only mess with the dvd drive, so that can't be related.

To cover all bases I would try backing up your savegames and wiishop games and reformatting the Wii's drive. Then go for a fresh install of the homebrew channel. Of course a reformat of your SD card. If you can, try and get a hold of a different SD card just for kicks.

I have been using the packgen personally and most of the homebrew I have on my SD card I've downloaded from our packgen as a test, so I know that can't be the issue. I'm guessing the problem is your SD card or your Homebrew channel install.

I believe you guys may need to go the route that brent explained, however there may be one more option that you can do to not have to reformat your Wii.

Go into data management, then into the channel manager and delete your existing homebrew channel installation. that way you know for sure you dont have a bad version of the homebrew channel on your Wii at all. then, download and install the pack one more time (youll have to run the twilight hack again), and it should work.

If that doesnt work, Im afraid you will need to try refomratting your wiis internal memory. let me know if the first option works or doesnt tho please.
<<

offox

Post Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:24 am

I was having the same problem, loading hanging at 0%, so I did some googling and discovered that this hanging issue tends to occur if you have gamecube memory cards in the wii. Pulled my gamecube memory cards form my system and everything started working just fine.
<<

slaveunit

Young Brewer

Post Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:26 am

Everytime Ive tried a new install ive deleted and channel. So about 5 or 6 times now I have started fresh. I havent not formatted the system though.
<<

Pooks

Post Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:55 am

offox wrote:I was having the same problem, loading hanging at 0%, so I did some googling and discovered that this hanging issue tends to occur if you have gamecube memory cards in the wii. Pulled my gamecube memory cards form my system and everything started working just fine.

I've got GC memory in my Wii. I'll pull them out tonight and try it. It just figures it is something as simple as that. I'll bet it works.

Later update...

Curiosity got the better of me. I called my daughter and had her try it. Removing the GC memory worked like a charm. Thanks for the help guys.
<<

Terdinglage

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:11 pm

offox wrote:I was having the same problem, loading hanging at 0%, so I did some googling and discovered that this hanging issue tends to occur if you have gamecube memory cards in the wii. Pulled my gamecube memory cards form my system and everything started working just fine.

great find offox! I shoulda used a google search myself, we do have it on the top of the page lol :oops:...

slaveunit, does it work for you if you take out your gamecube card?
<<

slaveunit

Young Brewer

Post Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:57 pm

Very nice. Yes it works now. I saw at least one other thread on here with the same issue..hope he takes a look here. So it was 100% the Gamecube card in. I still had my Wavebird RF in and it worked with that. Just had to get rid of the Gamecube memory card. Thanks everyone for the time spent in figuring this out! Much appreciated!
<<

offox

Post Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:21 am

Terdinglage wrote:

great find offox! I shoulda used a google search myself, we do have it on the top of the page lol :oops:...

slaveunit, does it work for you if you take out your gamecube card?

Hah, thanks, was driving me crazy that I couldn't get it to work. Google is our friend. :D
Previous

Return to Wii Help & Tutorials